Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
It’s “gentle parenting “ a realistic approach ?
  Previous  1  2  3   19  20  21  Next

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:09 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Just signed up for Blimie's course a few minutes ago and then saw this Smile... Heard so much great feedback (real life too) so hoping this can help us.

When is her next course. Where can I sign up?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:14 pm
banana123 wrote:
I think it depends on your kids. And that goes for any approach to parenting.
Some kids will do great with "gentle parenting" but some kids will end up entitled, spoiled brats or worse, complete bullies. Just like with any other system.
Chanoch lena'ar al pi darko means going according to what a given child needs.

Every child deserves gentleness- she does this along with discipline and firmness. It’s not a Hefker velt approach

banana123

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:17 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Every child deserves gentleness- she does this along with discipline and firmness. It’s not a Hefker velt approach

Gentleness and "gentle parenting" are not the same.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:19 pm
https://blimieheller.as.me/Jan2020

Next online class starting tomorrow.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:20 pm
banana123 wrote:
Gentleness and "gentle parenting" are not the same.

Sorry. Ok. She approaches discipline and firmness in a gentle parenting way. This isn’t my first child. I’m an older mom. My older ones were different. I need this for number six. My older ones were ok with a different approach. But you know what? Honestly? They weren’t. I’m sad I wasn’t this aware years back. And to take it further: I deal with personal relationships way different since I took this course
Just my opinion
Feel free to disagree

oneofakind

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:43 pm
If you don't yell often, when you do raise your voice they are more likely to pay attention. Kids and adults either tune out a yeller or get anxious.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:53 pm
Depends on the kids. Some kids need a stronger style. Others respond well to it. The biggest mistake is to think that because you were successful, your system must be correct.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:57 pm
gold21 wrote:
Was it only the yelling that impacted your relationship with your mother?

The yelling was just a symptom of how she patented and dealt in general with us. In hindsight, zero tools or concept that she should even have any. Not a bad woman or even a bad provider but do you want your kids to feel this way about you?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:09 pm
IMO having a formal parenting "system" is artificial and stifling.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:17 pm
There are Blimie Heller videos on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9cOTO2PcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDtbwhj2c14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeYaBo19dTA

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:24 pm
Just signed up for Blimie's course a few minutes ago and then saw this Smile... Heard so much great feedback (real life too) so hoping this can help us.

You will not regret it!! I’m a different amother who took the course . If you have an open mind, you will gain a tremendous amount. She backs everything she says with research and Chazal. Me and my children benefited so much. I’m not saying I am a perfect gentle parent lol (uh I’m not at all ) but the mindshift that I had after her course was honestly life changing.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:32 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
IMO having a formal parenting "system" is artificial and stifling.

Might be true. But I wasn’t doing that great at parenting by myself. I was brave enough to reach out and get guidance

mommy201

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:02 pm
banana123 wrote:
I think it depends on your kids. And that goes for any approach to parenting.
Some kids will do great with "gentle parenting" but some kids will end up entitled, spoiled brats or worse, complete bullies. Just like with any other system.
Chanoch lena'ar al pi darko means going according to what a given child needs.

1000% disagree with this. Gentle parenting if done correctly will not lead to entitled spoiled brats at all! I think you are taking the word to mean permissive which is totally not what it’s about.

mommy201

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:03 pm

You are going to love it! I have no doubt.
Please provide feedback after so we can continue to spread the message.

mommy201

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:08 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Sorry. Ok. She approaches discipline and firmness in a gentle parenting way. This isn’t my first child. I’m an older mom. My older ones were different. I need this for number six. My older ones were ok with a different approach. But you know what? Honestly? They weren’t. I’m sad I wasn’t this aware years back. And to take it further: I deal with personal relationships way different since I took this course
Just my opinion
Feel free to disagree

Firstly banana123 why is gentleness and gentle parenting different?

Another orchid . Sorry to hear that your old approach wasn’t ideal for your bigger kids. It does prove a bit that Blimie’s approach can work for everyone - don’t you agree?

It’s not too late to start when kids are older but definitely harder.

mommy201

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:11 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
There are Blimie Heller videos on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9cOTO2PcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDtbwhj2c14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeYaBo19dTA

I can’t believe you are a fan!!!! What changed?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 6:11 pm
mommy201 wrote:
Firstly banana123 why is gentleness and gentle parenting different?

Another orchid . Sorry to hear that your old approach wasn’t ideal for your bigger kids. It does prove a bit that Blimie’s approach can work for everyone - don’t you agree?

It’s not too late to start when kids are older but definitely harder.

Not too late at all! Glad I met her

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:31 pm
mommy201 wrote:
I can’t believe you are a fan!!!! What changed?

Didn't watch the videos and never heard of Blimie Heller but I wanted to help out the ladies who are interested.

I am OK with using a gentle approach IF it works. But if a kid is figuratively spitting in your face, I will get tough.

Don't believe in being "gentle" with kids who are hitting mom and using abusive language after being told "gently" many times to stop.

mommy201

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:35 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Didn't watch the videos and never heard of Blimie Heller but I wanted to help out the ladies who are interested.

I am OK with using a gentle approach IF it works. But if a kid is figuratively spitting in your face, I will get tough.

Don't believe in being "gentle" with kids who are hitting mom and using abusive language after being told "gently" many times to stop.

Oh shoot! Thought you had a mindset change.
Nice of you for sharing the clips.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:46 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

I didn’t either
Then I had son number six...
He figuratively did the spitting you referred to,
I was tough-
He laughed in my face.
First time in my life I spanked-
He said “more”.
Then I turned to Blimy
The rest is history
Page 2 of 21   Previous  1  2  3   19  20  21  Next Recent Topics