Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
S/O good gift for a new mom.
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:43 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I'm chassidish Williamsburg, all my live I've lived around chassidim. So don't tell me I don't know chassidish customs. I've never ever heard that open toed slippers are not acceptable.
I get so mad and ticked off when posters on here keep making up things that they just "know" is not acceptable by chassidish. That family may not wear open toed slippers, but it has zero to do with being chassidish. Many many chassidish wear open toed slippers.
And I don't think my post was nasty. Whereas yours isn't so nice....... Thanx a bunch for calling me foolish. But the absurd things that people say on this site say that is not acceptable by chassidish, is astounding.

Big deal you are chassidish from Williamsburg. Maybe that means you are insular and don't know everything that goes on in all chassidim. You really should have your facts together before you start accusing. Since it's obvious you don't know manners. Starting your post off with ummm shows immaturity and nastiness.

You getting mad in response to someone being respectful of the chassidish culture is foolish. I was not mocking in the slightest. You using your anonymity to bully is downright nasty. But notice I don't accuse all chassidim of being nasty bullies. You are a special individual.

I am close with rebbish families and they wouldn't either wear open toed slippers, so this custom isn't limited to one family. It's also not limited to one chassish group.

The only reason I mentioned the mom is chassidish is to get something that suits her.

mfb

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:44 pm
Baby swing, bouncer... some sort of baby paraphernalia with a gift receipt so she can exchange if she wants.
Or a full set with matching strechie hat and blanket from the heimishe stores so you get what’s in style.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I got this from when I spent Shabbos in Kiryus Joel, with her family, and was told that MY open toed slippers were not ok.

You really have a bad attitude. You don't know everything about every custom in the chassidish world. Your nastiness and ignorance really tops the cake. I am trying to be respectful of others and do a nice thing. Your ummm shows your immaturity. I am so glad I don't know anyone as foolish as you IRL.

Please go far away.

Out of curiosity, were you wearing stockings with the open toe slippers ?

And to answer your question, maybe a nice gift for the mother like a nice home spa package or something.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Big deal you are chassidish from Williamsburg. Maybe that means you are insular and don't know everything that goes on in all chassidim. You really should have your facts together before you start accusing. Since it's obvious you don't know manners. Starting your post off with ummm shows immaturity and nastiness.

You getting mad in response to someone being respectful of the chassidish culture is foolish. I was not mocking in the slightest. You using your anonymity to bully is downright nasty. But notice I don't accuse all chassidim of being nasty bullies. You are a special individual.

I am close with rebbish families and they wouldn't either wear open toed slippers, so this custom isn't limited to one family. It's also not limited to one chassish group.

The only reason I mentioned the mom is chassidish is to get something that suits her.

The only anonymous bully here is you. You're the one using nasty language, not me.
Rebbish people not wearing open toed has nothing to do with chassidish. Just not done in the family. And I know plenty Rebbish that do wear open toed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:49 pm
qwerty4 wrote:
Baby carriers aren’t used in chassidish neighborhoods, though it could be a practical gift to use when on vacation/traveling.

A teenage mom? Do you mean 19 or are you indicating a extraordinary situation?

I only meant that her skin is youthful. I didn't know if moms her age would use moisturizer. There are no extraordinary circumstances.

acemom

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:51 pm
Open toed or not, I wouldn't appreciate slippers as a gift.

qwerty4

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:54 pm
If she’s a first time mom, anything for the baby works. An expensive yom Tov outfit for the baby she wouldn’t treat herself to, or a baby swing, rocker etc.

amother
Lavender

deleted

debbie321

I found meals were the best...with 100$ you can do a meal with things to stock up the freezer
I have a 7 AM enfant polar igloo, ( a bunting to put in a car seat; you dont need a snowsuit) which I love
Blanket embroidered with the baby's name( really adds to a present
What a nice friend you are to spend a nice amount!

amother
OP

qwerty4 wrote:
Oh ok. I wouldn’t specifically use the term teenage mom for that.
Very Happy How about young mom with youthful skin?

qwerty4

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:55 pm
A certificate for newborn photography

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:58 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
The only anonymous bully here is you. You're the one using nasty language, not me.
Rebbish people not wearing open toed has nothing to do with chassidish. Just not done in the family. And I know plenty Rebbish that do wear open toed.

I didn't start out my post with ummm, nor did I accuse someone of making up things. You did. It's nasty.

I am anonymous because of the personal nature of my query. You don't have to be anonymous to call someone out. You also don't have to call someone out in such a vile way. You got "mad" because of your own ignorance. You really shouldn't accuse someone of making things up.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't start out my post with ummm, nor did I accuse someone of making up things. You did. It's nasty.

I am anonymous because of the personal nature of my query. You don't have to be anonymous to call someone out. You also don't have to call someone out in such a vile way. You got "mad" because of your own ignorance. You really shouldn't accuse someone of making things up.

Sorry, I didn't know ummm was a nasty word. I'll delete it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:10 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Out of curiosity, were you wearing stockings with the open toe slippers ?

And to answer your question, maybe a nice gift for the mother like a nice home spa package or something.

I was wearing sheer stockings. It was explained to me that DH shouldn't be able to see my toes if I am in niddah.

What do you mean by a home spa package? Is it products or a person to come into the home and give a spa treatment?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:12 pm
qwerty4 wrote:
If she’s a first time mom, anything for the baby works. An expensive yom Tov outfit for the baby she wouldn’t treat herself to, or a baby swing, rocker etc.

How would I know the size to get ?

qwerty4

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How would I know the size to get ?

For the baby? Depends how old the baby is, but for a newborn right now I would get a six month outfit for the spring. She'll use it when it fits.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was wearing sheer stockings. It was explained to me that DH shouldn't be able to see my toes if I am in niddah.

What do you mean by a home spa package? Is it products or a person to come into the home and give a spa treatment?

Thanks for the reply. My mother was also always makpid not to wear open toe even with stockings and I wasn’t sure why. I appreciate your explanation .

I mean a package, that you purchase ready packed in a basket that has all kinds of items to pamper yourself with.

nchr

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:32 pm
Give her a gift certificate to a place like Velvette in KJ offeeing - laser, electrolysis, makeup etc..

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:42 pm
Uggs slippers are not open toes. (Except for the newest "sliders" style and they are above your priced limit, anyway.)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:51 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Uggs slippers are not open toes. (Except for the newest "sliders" style and they are above your priced limit, anyway.)

It's $100ish not $100 firm. I would go higher for the right gift. Anyway, I don't know her size feet.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics