Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How would you proceed?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:54 pm
There was an incident in school last week, and I need some insight from other mothers.

My daughter had a sub on Friday (which I have come to learn is a biweekly occurrence, because the teacher she replaces teaches in another school and can’t come on Fridays.) This sub said some really terrible things to my daughter and some of the other girls in the class.
I spoke to another mother of a girl who also had some terrible things said to her. I made the mistake of telling her that it’s even harder for me because I know this woman, and she is an acquaintance of mine.
This other mom wants to talk to the sub, constructively. She is not at all the type of person to call and yell and scream, and I’m 100% sure that she has good intentions and just wants to help this woman, so that she doesn’t do this again, to other girls.
The other mother also told me that she spoke to the principal today, who assured her that this woman will not be hired again. The mother asked about warning other schools, but the principal said it is not her job.

So....I’m wondering two things
1. (Yes, I already have a call into my rav) would you give the subs name and phone number, if you were 100000% sure that this other mother only wanted to help?
2. Do you think the school has an obligation to the other schools?

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 5:58 pm
1)Name yes, phone number no. Other than calling her, there are other ways she can reach out to her and offer to have the teacher call her if she wants help.

2)I think the school's does have a responsibility to other schools.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:15 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
1)Name yes, phone number no. Other than calling her, there are other ways she can reach out to her and offer to have the teacher call her if she wants help.

2)I think the school's does have a responsibility to other schools.

I spoke to my rav. He said
1. IF she is going to be given the name and/or number, it should come from the school.
2. If the principals response was that it’s not their problem, then there’s a problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics