Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Noom diet

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:53 pm
Has anyone tried this? I'm wondering how it works with a Jewish lifestyle, ie shabbos etc.
Thanks!

mrs me

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:59 pm
I tried it and loved it- EXCEPT that shabbos was really hard and then I hit a 3 day yom tov and without access to the app I felt completely lost and then had a hard time getting back on track after... but that's typical me!

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 8:03 pm
I hated it! It was all artificial intelligence! So while I thought it was a real person/ coach - it wasn’t! They didn’t reply to you in a timely way, and they just picked up on key words to reply. Really was beyond frustrating!!!! I have some friends that tried it and felt the same way!

mrs me

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I hated it! It was all artificial intelligence! So while I thought it was a real person/ coach - it wasn’t! They didn’t reply to you in a timely way, and they just picked up on key words to reply. Really was beyond frustrating!!!! I have some friends that tried it and felt the same way!

I didn't feel that way at all... I was really in contact with my coach- she gave me sound advice specific to my needs. they don't respond immediately because they only work during specific hours

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:41 pm
Whats the diet about?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 11:22 am
Thanks!
Do they really get you to change habits using psychology? How?

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 6:41 pm
Is possible to do while nursing?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:51 am
I see this is a few months old and wondering if OP or anyone else has more info.

I'm frustrated with WW and looking for something new.

It looks like there are different plans.

Any info would be helpful

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:04 pm
Bumping up- really considering, but seems expensive

mommymommy

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 8:06 pm
Bump - did anyone try noom diet? What's it like? Did you really lose what they projected you will lose?

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 8:55 pm
I didn't find it to be anything different than literally every other diet/fitness tracker out there. You're still counting calories or whatever, with a bit of rah rah, yay you for encouragement. If that sort of system works for you, that's fine, although you could probably find a cheaper one. And if you're trying to get away from that, be aware that it really is more of the same.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 9:08 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I didn't find it to be anything different than literally every other diet/fitness tracker out there. You're still counting calories or whatever, with a bit of rah rah, yay you for encouragement. If that sort of system works for you, that's fine, although you could probably find a cheaper one. And if you're trying to get away from that, be aware that it really is more of the same.

Just saw an article that actually said this. Along the lines of they present themselves to be different but they're the same as every other and thwyr of being further investigated now...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 9:13 pm
Thanks back to the drawing board! I need something that really works! I'd prefer a set menu to calorie counting and would love an exercise program that is made for you, of course affordable too!

Shmoozinator

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 10:15 pm
Don't waste your time or money!!!
Seriously, it was awful. It's calorie counting and caloric deficit all dressed up to look like "psychology" and "science". Such a waste, and did a LOT to negatively impact my mental health and relationship with food.

familyfirst

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 12:07 am
Op-
Figure out what your daily calories should be
Then work your meals around it

Be your own best coach

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 2:44 am
I must have tried every single diet out there but with no accountability they rarely work for me. WW worked some times but not always. Noom was a complete waste of money.

I am going to a diet coach/nutritionist now and its the first time I am actually losing weight. Its keto/low carb but knowing I am going to see her once a week somehow really motivates me. I didn't think I could get off sugar but I have mostly.

I have lost 7lbs the first 2 weeks, which is much more than I have ever lost before.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 6:05 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Thanks back to the drawing board! I need something that really works! I'd prefer a set menu to calorie counting and would love an exercise program that is made for you, of course affordable too!

I'm seeing a nutritionist that's covered by insurance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise