Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How many hours of sleep did you get last night?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

tichellady

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:49 am
About 9. I don’t function well without sleep. If I don’t sleep enough I need to nap the next day

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:58 am
polka dots wrote:
Doesn’t prove a weakness at all. I think it proves an amazing strength. You are aware of what your body needs. You are able to set boundaries and limit other things in order to give your body its needs. It takes a lot of strength and self control to get into bed on time (of course it’s not always possible).
Not everyone that sleeps little it’s because they are so busy that they can’t sleep 8 hours. For many women it’s not structuring their day well or spending too much time on their phones or watching movies and they don’t get to bed on time.

You also may be more in tune with what functioning means. Functioning shouldn't mean just going through the motions of carpools, supper and homework. It should mean having patience, and approaching challenges with optimism and flexibility. It sounds like you have good standards of "functioning"!
I'm ashamed to say that I know I'm not functioning well if I have less than 7, but I still let myself stay up... and then when I have a good night's sleep I feel so much calmer and I see what is missing when I'm sleep deprived. I wish I had the gvurah to keep those high standards of what is and isn't functional, I'm sure I would have much more patience with my family.
You've inspired me thunderstorm!
Tonight I'm going to try for earlier b"n!

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:58 am
Davka last night, only 5.5 hours. I had a huge project due at work today and I was at work until 10:00pm putting the finishing touches on it.

Zzzz
Surprised

Usually I try to get ~7 hours.

Wife1

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 11:13 am
About 8.5 with nursing breaks in between
I really should go to sleep earlier so I'm calmer the next day

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 11:22 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Between 6.5 and 7. Second night in a row I slept through the night. That shouldn't be a feat, but it is.

Have to clarify that I usually nap every day, so it adds up to be a better total amount of sleep.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 11:30 am
Bh I got 8 hrs,straight last night. Went to bed at 11pm cause I was in to much pain from sciatica. Woke up at 7am. Normally I'm in bed 2 or 3 am and then I fall asleep while the kids are home in the afternoon and I always need a 2 hr nap during the day. I think I'm going to try to go to bed at 12 the latest. I'm normally wasting my time online.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 11:35 am
8 hours.
10:45-6:45

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 11:41 am
About 5 hours. I usually have around 6, but way too often get woken up in middle of the night. I have trouble falling asleep before 1-2am no matter how tired I am.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 12:12 pm
I usually get at least 8 hours. I got 5 last night bcz my baby was up

Chaya123

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 12:53 pm
About 7.

dinatov

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 12:57 pm
Wow...we're all on about 5.5 hours of interrupted sleep on average.
Jewish Moms Rock!!!
But, I really have to work at going to sleep on time.
Raise your hand if you get stuck in that post-dinner and bedtime rabbit hole of couch potato-ing, looking at the dishes (hoping they'll disappear), looking at the zoo around the couch (hoping it'll clean itself up), looking at the clock--
GASP
--It's suddenly 11:30 and you haven't done a thing.
RIGHT?!
How do I get out of this cycle?! Don't know about you guys, but after dinner I am DONE!

Mothers

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 1:19 pm
As per my Fitbit: 5 hrs 41 min. (and I’m averaging 5 hrs 52 min this week).

I’m at work (on lunch break) and fighting to stay awake.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:00 pm
dinatov wrote:
Wow...we're all on about 5.5 hours of interrupted sleep on average.
Jewish Moms Rock!!!
But, I really have to work at going to sleep on time.
Raise your hand if you get stuck in that post-dinner and bedtime rabbit hole of couch potato-ing, looking at the dishes (hoping they'll disappear), looking at the zoo around the couch (hoping it'll clean itself up), looking at the clock--
GASP
--It's suddenly 11:30 and you haven't done a thing.
RIGHT?!
How do I get out of this cycle?! Don't know about you guys, but after dinner I am DONE!

Wow I could've written all this! I have the same problem and hate myself every day for this.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:07 pm
A drop less than 4 hours. Newborn finally fell asleep at 2:00 but then my toddler woke up screaming. I woke up again with my newborn at 4:15 to feed her. Had to be up for work at 7:00. I'm so tired.

TravelHearter

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:13 pm
1.5 hours.
Baby woke me up to eat.
2.5 hrs.
Baby woke me up and was fussy.
1 hr. Baby woke me up to eat.
2.5/3 hrs.
That doesn’t count as 7 hours if they were so broken up!!

TravelHearter

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:15 pm
Am I the only one who feels the need to start chilling on my phone/online late at night bc I finally have a few min to just chilll and I do that instead of going to sleep at that time...

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:28 pm
I Had a close relatives wedding last night. We all came home at 3. At 4am child number one threw up. Everywhere. After stripping , washing up and taking care of a bout of same child’s diarrhea I finally got into bed at around 6:30. At 7:10 there were some eerily, similar choking sounds coming from the next bedroom. Yup, ds2 went through the same exact thing. Lather, Rinse, repeat. I can’t say I didn’t sniffle my way through it. (This after only sleeping abt 3-4 hrs the previous night. )

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:34 pm
Last night, 4.5. Was trying to plan vacation with DH, then he went to bed, I finished up what I was researching and then when down stairs to finish cleaning the kitchen. (Always wake up at 7 to get the kids off to school and myself to work)(DH wakes up 6:20 and leaves at 7- he does whatever he can to let me sleep until the last minute that he needs to leave)
Night before-I crashed about 10:30 so I got 7.5
Night before was up with DD provided moral support and watching Khan academy chem videos for her chem midterm and was up with her until 2:15 and then had to do my paperwork for the week and didn't finish until 3:30- at which point I was restless and didn't even sleep well- 3.5 hours.

Regarding functioning. I am a walking zombie. I would be faster and more productive if I was better rested, but we all do what we can.

Chaya123

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 3:07 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I Had a close relatives wedding last night. We all came home at 3. At 4am child number one threw up. Everywhere. After stripping , washing up and taking care of a bout of same child’s diarrhea I finally got into bed at around 6:30. At 7:10 there were some eerily, similar choking sounds coming from the next bedroom. Yup, ds2 went through the same exact thing. Lather, Rinse, repeat. I can’t say I didn’t sniffle my way through it. (This after only sleeping abt 3-4 hrs the previous night. )

Wow, sounds tough! Us mothers get the most schar for doing the ultimate chesed for our children that no one else would do!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 3:25 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
Wow, sounds tough! Us mothers get the most schar for doing the ultimate chesed for our children that no one else would do!

Thank you. I needed this. Still dealing with the mounds of laundry.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics