Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Ever do a chemical peel?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 6:17 am
Someone recommended that I get a chemical peel cuz of damaged skin from years of acne. Ever get one? Anywhere to suggest in Brooklyn?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Someone recommended that I get a chemical peel cuz of damaged skin from years of acne. Ever get one? Anywhere to suggest in Brooklyn?

I had dermabrasion performed by a doctor to help with acne scars.

The best approach really depends on what kind of scars you have and how bad they are. For example, there are so-called icepick scars which aren't helped by dermabrasion at all.

There are also different types of peels. It is very unlikely that a procedure NOT performed by a doctor would help with damaged skin. I have friends who have these kinds of more superficial peels and they "refresh" the skin but don't do anything that is more than superficial. If your acne scars are superficial and essentially discolorations then peels might help brighten.

There are a lot of different ways in which acne scarring is treated - some doctors use techniques to promote the growth of collagen for pitted scars - those are called boxcar scars. You should google acne scars and you can get some kind of idea of the different types of scars and the different techniques that can be used.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:20 am
There are more updated treatments at this point...I would suggest you use a Manhattan board-certified dermatologist for best results.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics