Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Kugel recipe and a chocolate dessert recipe please

Rugelech

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 11:44 am
Can anyone give me a recipe for a kugel. I am not looking for a potato kugel recipe. I am looking for a vegetable one that binds well together and is not too liquidy but is tasty.

I am also looking for a chocolate dessert recipe but something other than ice cream.

Many thanks in advance

Lizzie4

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 1:10 pm
I love this Kugel recipe from Jamie Geller's site:

ZUCHINNI KUGELETTES

INGREDIENTS
2 large zucchini, grated and drained of excess liquid
1 large onion, chopped
½ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup oil
1 large egg
½ teaspoon pepper to taste

PREPARATION
Preheat oven to 350℉.

1. Combine zucchini, onion, flour, baking powder, salt, oil, egg, and pepper. Mix well.

2. Grease mini muffin pan with 12 cups. Divide the mixture between muffin cups and place in oven for 30 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool before removing from pan.

shmosmom

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:16 pm
This is my go to chocolate mousse.

Chocolate Mousse

16 Oz whip topping
1 cup cocoa
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 T vanilla
1/4 stick margarine (optional)
nut crunch (optional)

Whip up topping. Add remaining ingredients. Put into mini mousse cups, pie crust or mini pies.
Optional: Top with nut crunch.

GramaNewYork

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 10:05 am
I made the zucchini kugelettes on Pesach (with almond flour) and my family enjoyed them so I made them again after Pesach when I was expecting guests for Shabbos.

I'm embarrassed to say I made a mistake the second time (they are so easy that I was a bit too confident and didn't read the recipe carefully). I mixed all the ingredients together and then realized that I forgot to squeeze out the zucchini water. Zucchinis are LOADED with liquid. I actually squeezed the batter to get out the liquid! I was wondering what other ingredients would go down the drain with the liquid like maybe the baking powder.

I baked them for one hour instead of 30 minutes and they came out just as delicious as the first time. I'm writing this post in case anyone makes this mistake in the future, they should squeeze the liquid out of the batter and bake them for longer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics