Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
No money for more pants and desperate!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:54 am
My son is very harsh on his clothing.I tried taking everyones IRL advise, but nothing is helping. Im at a point were I can't even afford cheap pants. We got him hand-me down pants but I think when the knee is already weak my son just finishes off the job and those hand me downs rip right away. we bought cheap H&m pants they were cheap $10 and less but the all ripped in 2-4 months. I tried patching his pants but he seemed to rip his pants above and below the patch. I have a second hand store I can shop in but I'm afraid if the pants are not new I waisting my $2 a pair . We tried, old navy, gap, childrens place, carters,Zara, and a cheap jewish company, can somone please help me figure out which pair last the longest. Any tricks to keep the leg from rippingHe has narrow legs and he's supper slim. Even slim pant need to be made tighter or they will fall off his waist. otherwise I would see if a regular fit pants. Also I can't really afford any pants right now But I would just by 2 out of desparation he has nothing!

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:59 am
For the slim issue I would try buying pants in the girls section, that’s what I do. H and m usually but we only have to buy 4 a season so don’t have advice on the rest...

hillary

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:07 am
The longest lasting pants are uniform pants from next.com

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:09 am
Dickies brand with the reinforced knee has been bulletproof. I think they have slimfit. And adjustable elastic in the waist.

groovy1224

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:12 am
Buy cat & Jack slim pants from target- they are inexpensive, and guaranteed for a year so if they rip at the knees you can get your money back.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:13 am
You sound really frustrated! Active boys are hard on their clothes...

Have you tried French toast? $10 a pair, reinforced knee. I have limited experience with their pants but they seem durable and their girls jumpers can withstand anything.

Also, if you're buying slim fit, maybe they get worn out faster because they're tighter on his legs? Have you tried regular fit + belt?

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:15 am
My boys were like that...

Nothing beats Osh Kosh pants, they are virtually indestructable.

I will look to see if I still have them..

gibberish

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:26 am
That's why I started buying Cat & Jack from Target. One year warranty if you save the receipt. You can return or exchange if they get a hole.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:28 am
I FEEL YOU! My sons tear their pants knees constantly! If I buy Cat and Jack from Target, and I save receipts and they tear during that year, they will take them back at the Target return department, and refund me in full so I can just buy more pants? If this is true, I want to know!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:31 am
Thank you for all suggestions. Is anyone able to post specific links for pants that could work? He could still be a toddler size He's a size 5 (he's also very short for his age, but b'h healthy and active) I am frustrated. Im very tight now Im going to have to buy him 2 pairs of pants but I will still have to do laundry every night so he has pants for yeshiva every day.I have no choice his pants are beyond repair. I know the skinny pants have skinny legs, but he does have skinny feet. I tried buying regular and taking it in it was ridiculous the crotch was so big on him , it wasn't worth it.

groovy1224

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:32 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I FEEL YOU! My sons tear their pants knees constantly! If I buy Cat and Jack from Target, and I save receipts and they tear during that year, they will take them back at the Target return department, and refund me in full so I can just buy more pants? If this is true, I want to know!

Yes, this is why I buy my boys's school pants almost exclusively at target. They are also good quality, so for the most part they last longer than a year but on the occasion that they don't, I have returned them multiple times for a full refund.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:36 am
groovy1224 wrote:
Yes, this is why I buy my boys's school pants almost exclusively at target. They are also good quality, so for the most part they last longer than a year but on the occasion that they don't, I have returned them multiple times for a full refund.

Please post link to the pants

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:42 am
Lands end has a guarantee

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please post link to the pants

I just checked target website they don't seem to have slim fit. when he was younger I bought him targets pull on shorts. we could never get it pulled tight enough. I had to take it in. but then we had trouble opening the not he made to pull it off

for my baby I bought a pair of the $5 cat and jack leggings they are amazing way cheaper than lil legs beautiful quality

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Lands end has a guarantee

land end pants seem pricy. I will also have to pay shipping to return

groovy1224

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just checked target website they don't seem to have slim fit. when he was younger I bought him targets pull on shorts. we could never get it pulled tight enough. I had to take it in. but then we had trouble opening the not he made to pull it off

https://www.target.com/p/boys-.....metab

So I have the above, they are slim but not stretchy. They are described as jeans but honestly they're very dark black, they don't look like jeans to me. (My son is not allowed to wear jeans to school but he wears these with no problem)

The other 2 types I buy I can't find on the website, but if you have a target local to you, they are usually in the boys section folded along a wall. They are slim and stretchy and my boys love them. And I love that I don't have to cry about them ripping the knees after 4 months.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:51 am
I buy the boys black skinny jeans for $10 from H&M. They don't look very jeans-y in black, have a lot of stretch in them so they're comfy, and they are pretty durable (my son usually grows out of them before they rip.)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:04 am
groovy1224 wrote:
https://www.target.com/p/boys-skinny-fit-jeans-cat-jack-153-black-wash/-/A-50746864?preselect=50620936#lnk=sametab

So I have the above, they are slim but not stretchy. They are described as jeans but honestly they're very dark black, they don't look like jeans to me. (My son is not allowed to wear jeans to school but he wears these with no problem)

The other 2 types I buy I can't find on the website, but if you have a target local to you, they are usually in the boys section folded along a wall. They are slim and stretchy and my boys love them. And I love that I don't have to cry about them ripping the knees after 4 months.

Thank you the return policy really sounds good
1 question I bought a similar pair in toddler size jeans and it faided over time does that make sense for these jeans?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:36 am
I buy the black skinny jeans from children's place. They are very black and don't look like jeans, that would never fly in my son's Lakewood school. I find the fabric much stronger than the chinos.
I think they are having 30% off now. I watch the sales and buy them for up to $7-8 a pair.

SingALong

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:42 am
I wait for h and m or old navy to go on sale for $8-$10 a pair and get a bunch for the season. I still need to restock sometimes mid season due to holes and stuff but only a couple of pairs, they hold up really well.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics