Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
No money for more pants and desperate!
Previous  1  2

gamanit

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 1:45 pm
https://www.landsend.com/artic.....kids/

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 1:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you the return policy really sounds good
1 question I bought a similar pair in toddler size jeans and it faided over time does that make sense for these jeans?

If this link works for you I can order 3 paid shipped to your address.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 1:58 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Yes, this is why I buy my boys's school pants almost exclusively at target. They are also good quality, so for the most part they last longer than a year but on the occasion that they don't, I have returned them multiple times for a full refund.

Target has that policy on all clothing or just on pants?

groovy1224

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you the return policy really sounds good
1 question I bought a similar pair in toddler size jeans and it faided over time does that make sense for these jeans?

We've had them since September and there hasn't been any fading yet, we wash on cold and hang dry.

chillax

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:00 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Buy cat & Jack slim pants from target- they are inexpensive, and guaranteed for a year so if they rip at the knees you can get your money back.

That's good to know! I had no idea.
I just got a few pairs and they ripped right away.
Definitely going to take them back now!

groovy1224

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Target has that policy on all clothing or just on pants?

It's on any item that's sold exclusively at target- so cat & jack brand items, hearth & hand, any brand that's sold only at target.

emmes

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:51 pm
2 things I learned with my boys:
1. They shouldn't fit too tight at the knees. When it's not roomy enough, they will wear off just from bending the knees.
2. Put an iron on patch on 'before' it tears, as a reinforcement

Good luck!

Odelyah

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 3:54 pm
I also buy Cat and Jack (switched many years ago from Lands End). I find they are great quality and hold up well, for a very good price. I didn't even know about the 1 year warranty! These are the ones I always buy: https://www.target.com/p/boys-.....metab

they are not slim fit, but not baggy at all and they have an adjustable waistband.

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:58 am
I have returned cat and jack pants. If you don't have a receipt they might let you exchange them if they are still in stock. I was offered that but they were out of my kid's size. If you have their debit card or you bought it on your card, they can sometimes look up the purchase if you lost your receipt.

There is a yearly limit to the returns of their brand items: MAX $100 a year. So it isn't unlimited. And they get your license so they can track it all...

yc

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:10 am
I second french toast double knee as well as lands end!

Simple1

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:20 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
For the slim issue I would try buying pants in the girls section, that’s what I do. H and m usually but we only have to buy 4 a season so don’t have advice on the rest...

I wouldn't do this as I would worry it will be too tight at the crotch.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:26 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I buy the black skinny jeans from children's place. They are very black and don't look like jeans, that would never fly in my son's Lakewood school. I find the fabric much stronger than the chinos.
I think they are having 30% off now. I watch the sales and buy them for up to $7-8 a pair.

Children’s place black chinos are great. They are often $7 and I stock up then. They do rip eventually. But because of the price I never patch. (The blue pants faid, Black stays nice). This is the only brand pants I’ve bought since my boys were toddlers.

believeit

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My son is very harsh on his clothing.I tried taking everyones IRL advise, but nothing is helping. Im at a point were I can't even afford cheap pants. We got him hand-me down pants but I think when the knee is already weak my son just finishes off the job and those hand me downs rip right away. we bought cheap H&m pants they were cheap $10 and less but the all ripped in 2-4 months. I tried patching his pants but he seemed to rip his pants above and below the patch. I have a second hand store I can shop in but I'm afraid if the pants are not new I waisting my $2 a pair . We tried, old navy, gap, childrens place, carters,Zara, and a cheap jewish company, can somone please help me figure out which pair last the longest. Any tricks to keep the leg from rippingHe has narrow legs and he's supper slim. Even slim pant need to be made tighter or they will fall off his waist. otherwise I would see if a regular fit pants. Also I can't really afford any pants right now But I would just by 2 out of desparation he has nothing!

I don't know where you are located or if it is possible to buy online. My son IS the same! I bought pants on Marks and spencer: https://www.marksandspencer.co......html

He used to rip his trousers in 2 weeks time. Now he has it already 1 year! bh and was not ripped since.

GL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics