Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Harry= Off the Derech?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:37 pm
When I saw the title of this post I thought it was talking about the term "harry" as it's used by a certain contingent of Orthodox Jews to describe a certain kind of Orthodox Jew...

pause

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:22 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I really don’t get it. Everything Kate does is idolized and Meghan is always looked down on.

Because of her actions.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:09 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
When I saw the title of this post I thought it was talking about the term "harry" as it's used by a certain contingent of Orthodox Jews to describe a certain kind of Orthodox Jew...

I was picturing billy crystal of harry met sally havent watched in years 🤔

WhatFor

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:18 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Megan markle was on a show called deal or no deal wearing scantly clothing in high heels ever week the host of the show Howie mendal didn’t even remember her she was in some very racy scene s in film

And Harry was photographed completely naked in Las Vegas while partying with a group of friends. What's your point? She's too good for him? I agree with those who cannot relate to this visceral hatred to this woman none of us knows.

I don't blame her for wanting to get out of the spotlight. The way people are hounding her reminds me of Britney before/during her breakdown; at least Britney was not as viscerally hated.

I also learned from reading these threads that people actually think the tabloids are comparable to journalism or news reports. They are literally made up like soap operas to rile you up and get you sucked in.

And I don't understand some of these rationales I'm reading for the way people talk about her. She chose a life in the spotlight and therefore you have no obligation to not act like a bully? Your children can hear you; are you okay with them talking this way about and to other girls in their classes?

Monica Lewinsky once did a Ted talk about the effects of public bullying. I recommend you watch that.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:22 pm
pause wrote:
Because of her actions.

Please explain.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:26 pm

pause

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 8:32 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Please explain.

To clarify, I don't hate her. I am disappointed. I expected her to be a refined and classy princess and from day one, she hasn't been that way, the way Kate has. Some people liked her more down-to-earth vibe and appreciated that she didn't always look perfect; they felt these things made her more relatable. I, however, expect more from a princess, I mean, for goodness sake, she isn't like you and me, why pretend? and so I've been disappointed. And this move is another disappointment for me, showing me once again that she isn't a "real" princess.

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:28 am
I don’t know why you’d expect her to be a “real” princess. Her background is working class and she’s American. We rejected the notion of royalty some 240-plus years ago.

BTW, how do you define a “real” princess? The so-called royalty got there a few centuries to millennia ago by being the biggest bullies on the block and either beating up or joining forces with the second and third biggest bullies, not by being models of excellent taste, superior manners and admirable social conscience.

pause

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:36 am
zaq wrote:
I don’t know why you’d expect her to be a “real” princess. Her background is working class and she’s American. We rejected the notion of royalty some 240-plus years ago.

BTW, how do you define a “real” princess? The so-called royalty got there a few centuries to millennia ago by being the biggest bullies on the block and either beating up or joining forces with the second and third biggest bullies, not by being models of excellent taste, superior manners and admirable social conscience.

I define it as acting and dressing in a classy and refined manner. I expected her to have gotten training and molded herself into the role that is expected when one marries a prince. I have high expectations? Maybe. But Kate has definitely met my expectations, and that's why I'm disappointed with Meghan but I love Kate. (This was in response to why so many people dislike Meghan. It's not like everyone at once decided to pick on her. Her actions led to that.)

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:46 am
WhatFor wrote:
And Harry was photographed completely naked in Las Vegas while partying with a group of friends. What's your point? She's too good for him? I agree with those who cannot relate to this visceral hatred to this woman none of us knows.

I don't blame her for wanting to get out of the spotlight. The way people are hounding her reminds me of Britney before/during her breakdown; at least Britney was not as viscerally hated.

I also learned from reading these threads that people actually think the tabloids are comparable to journalism or news reports. They are literally made up like soap operas to rile you up and get you sucked in.

And I don't understand some of these rationales I'm reading for the way people talk about her. She chose a life in the spotlight and therefore you have no obligation to not act like a bully? Your children can hear you; are you okay with them talking this way about and to other girls in their classes?

Monica Lewinsky once did a Ted talk about the effects of public bullying. I recommend you watch that.

That's another point. Why on earth to people believe tabloids???? If you believe the tabloids, I have a bridge to sell you!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 11:50 am
pause wrote:
Because of her actions.

So you are saying you dont like her. Nobody has to like everyone.
That's very different than the hate hate hate she is getting.

I understand that Kate has a blessed figure and everything about her looks so majestic.

If you can get past the hate and think of her from when she was a simple person...

I remember Meghan before she was princess she was just a normal human being that had some charm.
I remember listening to one of her activist speeches (dont remember the cause or if I was agreeing with her but that's not the point) and I was really impressed by the way she delivered her speech.

I dont think she is hate material. Really. She didn't do anything to anyone. Yea if you start with her father and everything but come on. She didn't do anything as despicable to cause her this.

malki2

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 11:57 am
malki2 wrote:
Harry got smitten by a skank and she ruined his life. Does that sound better?

The other thread was just locked, so I’m officially apologizing to any of the Imas who were personally offended by me referring to Meghan Markle as a skank. Also for referring to unidentified effeminate guys as soyboys. I will now go wash out my mouth (and fingers) with Clorox.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 12:03 pm
pause wrote:
I have high expectations? Maybe. But Kate has definitely met my expectations, and that's why I'm disappointed with Meghan but I love Kate. (This was in response to why so many people dislike Meghan. It's not like everyone at once decided to pick on her. Her actions led to that.)

She's been picked on for the most ridiculous things. I think this article is very telling:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/w.....royal

pause

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 12:13 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
She's been picked on for the most ridiculous things. I think this article is very telling:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/w.....royal

buzzfeed? Seriously?

But I'll bite. Already the first headline being compared is so different that if the rest are like this, there's no case here for her being the victim. Kate was ONCE found with ONE hand on her belly throughout three pregnancies while Meghan, in one pregnancy, had TWO hands on her belly EVERY single time she was out in public. I didn't need a headline to tell me what I saw: a highly UNclassy action in public, all the time! Not once, by mistake. I am not impressed by such action although others might like it because it shows how excited she is about the baby. Fine for them. But I don't expect a princess to act that way and that's why I'm disappointed.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 12:16 pm
malki2 wrote:
The other thread was just locked, so I’m officially apologizing to any of the Imas who were personally offended by me referring to Meghan Markle as a skank. Also for referring to unidentified effeminate guys as soyboys. I will now go wash out my mouth (and fingers) with Clorox.

It wasn't personal offense. It was the ugliness of the purposeless harsh pronoucment against a stranger that was unsettling.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 12:24 pm
pause wrote:
buzzfeed? Seriously?

But I'll bite. Already the first headline being compared is so different that if the rest are like this, there's no case here for her being the victim.

I don’t normally like buzzfeed, but I found this article compelling. Its clear that the media is biased. Why is it inappropriate to put your hands on your bump?

malki2

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
It wasn't personal offense. It was the ugliness of the purposeless harsh pronoucment against a stranger that was unsettling.

“Skank” is defined as “a sleazy or unpleasant person”. I find her to be both sleazy and unpleasant, as do others. Sorry.

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I don’t normally like buzzfeed, but I found this article compelling. Its clear that the media is biased. Why is it inappropriate to put your hands on your bump?

Agree with you on all counts. I saw clear media bias. And I am also not sure of what is wrong with putting your hands on your pregnant stomach.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 12:28 pm
pause wrote:
buzzfeed? Seriously?

But I'll bite. Already the first headline being compared is so different that if the rest are like this, there's no case here for her being the victim. Kate was ONCE found with ONE hand on her belly throughout three pregnancies while Meghan, in one pregnancy, had TWO hands on her belly EVERY single time she was out in public. I didn't need a headline to tell me what I saw: a highly UNclassy action in public, all the time! Not once, by mistake. I am not impressed by such action although others might like it because it shows how excited she is about the baby. Fine for them. But I don't expect a princess to act that way and that's why I'm disappointed.

What is unclassy about touching a belly?
This is so nitpicky.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 12:33 pm
I think British ppl do nitpick because the monarchy is seen as employees of the ppl. They bring in profit to the country in exchange for a salary.
If they see the monarchy not representing what they think it should perhaps they have the right to be upset.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics