Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
ISO Shepherds pie recipe

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:39 pm
Can someone please post a recipe for shepherds pie with exact amounts and instructions. TIA

ila

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 2:50 pm
8 potatoes cooked till soft
1 egg and one white part
4 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons of oil
Salt mix in kitchenaid first the hot potato one by one and add the rest

Filling
1 minced onion sauté add one pack meat allspice cinnamon let cook and add tomato sauce and after a while put 1 tablespoon cornstarch in half cup water mix well and add to the mixture let dry a little

Put oil in a pirex half the potato mixture filling and potato, put the yolk on top and bake 350 until golden

abs

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 5:07 pm
1 onion, diced
1 lb. chopped meat
2-3 T. flour
½ c. water
salt, pepper, paprika
5-6 potatoes, cooked and mashed
1 egg

Saute onion. Put ½ aside for potato mixture. Brown meat into onions in frying pan. Add flour and spices. Add water and cook until thickened. Mix potatoes with remaining onion and egg. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place meat mixture on bottom of 8” pan. Spread potato mixture on top. (egg top) Bake at 350 for 1 hour, uncovered.

Odelyah

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 5:29 pm
I really like the Pasta Del Papa/Shepherd's Pie recipe in Jewish Cooking in America by Joan Nathan if you happen to have it (sorry I couldn't find it online or I would have pasted a link and I don't have time to type it up for you now)

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 5:47 pm
I saw a recipe for shepherd's pie IIRC in a book called Casserole Crazy. It had a ground turkey base but could work with beef or a blend as well. The top was tater tots.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics