Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Seiruv

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 3:48 pm
Does someone in your family have a Seiruv from Bais Din against him? (For a reason other than a get)
If yes, what are the effects it has/had on that person and other members of the family.
If you can include a geographic location it would be helpful.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:15 pm
Bump

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:42 pm
Yes. We thought it will have an effect and it doesn't whatsoever. In the NY area.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:57 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Yes. We thought it will have an effect and it doesn't whatsoever. In the NY area.

Thank you for that. Its comforting to hear.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for that. Its comforting to hear.

Maybe for you, buy not for us. We were hoping it will get him to cooperate and it didn't. He goes and comes with his head high up to the sky. 1 week later and it was gone and forgotten.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:53 pm
I don't know the details of your situation, nor did I disclose the details of mine. But, yes, for me what you wrote is comforting.
I'm sorry for whatever you're going through.
Hatzlacha

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:

Agree. None whatsoever. No one held from it.

leah233

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 3:28 pm
The impact of a seiruv really depends on how respected the Beis Din who issued it is. If a controversial Beis Din issues a seiruv no one will take it seriously.

On the other hand my father was told by a Dayan on a very respected Beis Din that they bend over backwards not to issue Seiruvim because in their experience many problems have befallen those who they issued them on.

ETA I didn't realize the OP was dealing with an actual Seiruv situation. I don't mean to scare you but if it is coming from a respected noncontroversial Beis Din don't ignore it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions