Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Alternative to pasta

jfk92

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:35 pm
There are some sauces I quite like (I.e penne, pesto,) with pastas. But I dont like eating pasta often as it is really heavy for me. Is there something besides zoodles I can use?

trixx

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 7:38 pm
The gluten free ronzoni yellow boxes is much lighter
Or rice pasta

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 8:08 pm
It's hard to find, and expensive, but einkorn pasta is wonderful. It's extremely low on the glycemic index, and very easy to digest. People with mild gluten intolerance can eat it just fine, as can diabetics.

Another great one is buckwheat soba. You can find it any place they sell Japanese noodles. It's delicious, and insanely high in vitamins and minerals. It has a warm, slightly earthy taste, kind of like mushrooms, so it goes well with any kind of tomato sauce. It goes great with sauteed onions, too. If you want to put it in soup it holds up well and doesn't get mushy. It makes the BEST sesame noodle salad, too.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:00 pm
If you have a Trader Joe’s near you, they have varieties of pasta made from quinoa or buckwheat. Just check the hechsher- it changed often. Or you can try whole wheat pasta- I found that’s easier on the stomach.

gold21

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:17 pm
I like the Barilla gluten free spaghetti and penne

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:37 pm
Spaghetti squash?

WhatFor

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:42 pm
Were you looking for alternative pastas or a different carb dish altogether? Quinoa is a nutritious carb that doesn't leave me feeling as heavy.

lifesagift

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:05 pm
There are so many alternatives to pasta n theyre all quite good! Have you tried hearts of palm noodles?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals