Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Looking for doctors for my family who take jerseycare

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 6:04 pm
I need everything from internist for adults, ob gyn, pediatrician (hope to switch when my doctor opens an office here), pediatric and adult dentist, pediatric and adult eye doctor? Recommendations?

I’ve been waiting for insurance since the beginning of the year so I’ve been paying cash for minimum stuff (which is still a ton 😫) looking in Lakewood/Tom’s river area

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 6:20 pm
I recommend going onto the uhccp network and search for doctors in the area who accept the insurance AND are accepting new patients. Some docs only accept it from existing patients from a few years ago
Good luck.

Sebastian

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 6:33 pm
Which hmo

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:07 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Which hmo

I think I chose horizon bec I didn’t know any doctors here and I had another post where someone said they were good with adhd meds and I have been paying out of pocket about $300 a month and it’s so hard. It’s been a big expense

Sebastian

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:09 pm
Ok for internists and peds just use chemed

What do you want in an ob?

I dont know any dentists or eye dr that take that plan. Check horizon s website for names and research further

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:11 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Ok for internists and peds just use chemed

What do you want in an ob?

I dont know any dentists or eye dr that take that plan. Check horizon s website for names and research further

Thanks! I want someone for a checkup at this point.

That’s a smart idea to check their website. I appreciate it

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:16 pm
I haven't found a pediatrician yet.
For dental we use Schwimmer and Slavick Dental and are extremely pleased.
Internist- I travel back to Brooklyn.
Ob- will must likely go with Dr. Segal who delivers at RWJ. If you don't need a top hospital, Dr. Baum sounds amazing. I really wanted to use him but he only delivers in Jersey Shore hospital.

Sebastian

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! I want someone for a checkup at this point.

That’s a smart idea to check their website. I appreciate it

For just a checkup go with ogdoa group. They are centrally located and have something like 7dr and 5 midwives. They deliver in a small local hospital with no NICU so some prefer to deliver elsewhere. For just a checkup it should be fine

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 8:17 pm
The rwj group does not take any jersey care plans.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 8:32 pm
For eye doctor, Dr. Haim Cohen
For dental, Lakewood Family Dental for adults and Lakewood Pediatric Dental for kids.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 12:11 am
For ob/gyn I use the center for women's health- it's a midwife group and they're amazing! I use them for all my checkups and stuff too. They take Jersey care just not sure if they take your plan. Definitely worth calling and asking. And I disagree about jersey shore not being a top hospital! I had quite a few of my kids there and my experience was unbelievable! Way better than the "top" hospital that most ppl use that I used in the past too and don't plan on going back there.... Good luck!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 9:38 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
For ob/gyn I use the center for women's health- it's a midwife group and they're amazing! I use them for all my checkups and stuff too. They take Jersey care just not sure if they take your plan. Definitely worth calling and asking. And I disagree about jersey shore not being a top hospital! I had quite a few of my kids there and my experience was unbelievable! Way better than the "top" hospital that most ppl use that I used in the past too and don't plan on going back there.... Good luck!

I used this group for myself, even post IF (Pattie promised to deliver me herself, and I trust her) so I second this recommendation. My sisters use this practice as well. They used to deliver in MMC so no first-hand experience with Jersey Shore, but I have nephews that were born there and I never heard that my sisters were unhappy with the experience.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 11:27 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
For eye doctor, Dr. Haim Cohen
For dental, Lakewood Family Dental for adults and Lakewood Pediatric Dental for kids.

I wouldn't recommend Lakewood Family Dental. Much better experience at Digitally Enhanced Dental/Dr. Unger for kids and adults.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 11:27 am
Dr Tal's OB practice takes Jersey Care
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries