Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vermont

mamochka

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:47 pm
Hi, I am dreaming of taking my family to Vermont for about 2-3 weeks in the summer but do not know where to start. Need location with a minyon driving distance during the week and walking distance on shabbos. Also with activities that will be enjoyable for children of various ages. Any clues/leads would be appreciated. Thank you

perquacky

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:51 pm
Does it have to be Vermont? New Hampshire would be easier in terms of kosher food and minyanim, as far as I know.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 8:48 pm
There are jewish programs that rent out motels in Vermont for afew weeks in the summer. They usually advertise summer time. I think one program is called Vermont Menucha.

mamochka

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:26 pm
"Does it have to be Vermont? New Hampshire would be easier in terms of kosher food and minyanim, as far as I know."
Where would you recommend? and what is there?
Thanks

thanks

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:30 pm
In Lincoln, there is ainyan in the summer. I think it was in the days inn last your. (it's been in different places.)
So much to do, and beautiful scenery.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 9:30 pm
There are no regular public minyanim in Vermont, only private programs in the summer, usually during bein hazmanim in August. One is Gerstel's Vermont Getaway (https://vtgetaway.com/), and there used to be more chassidish programs called Menucha and Sunflower, but I don't know if they're still around. The minyanim are only open to paid guests of the program, which will be expensive for 2-3 weeks, though they will offer lots of great programming and solve that issue for you.

Otherwise, as mentioned, Lincoln, NH has a minyan throughout the entire summer that's open to anyone - info at http://www.lincolnnhminyan.com/. NH has a lot of wonderful family-friendly attractions and beautiful hikes and nature walks that cost nothing, though you still might get bored after 2-3 weeks. Maybe you could do 7-10 days in NH, and another 7-10 days at VT Getaway?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics