Home

What % of your Amazon, etc. purchases are worthwhile?
Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

imanonymous

Post  Fri, Jan 17 2020, 11:21 am
ra_mom wrote:
Same. I buy when I need not based on sales.

Same, but I still end up with so much waste!

sleepybeauty

Post  Fri, Jan 17 2020, 11:28 am
I just looked at my recent Amazon orders. Out of the last 32, there is one thing I returned because I bought it by mistake and one I just didn’t love but didn’t have a good enough reason to return. The number is higher in stores like Costco or Walmart because I’m more likely to make impulse purchases.

zaq

Post  Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:05 pm
I don't do recreational shopping online. When I need something that isn't sold locally, I'll look it up online and then buy. In brick-and-mortar stores, well, lo taturu acharei eineichem: the stuff is there in your face and you get seduced into thinking "What a bargain! What a handy tool! I need that!"

Costco--That place is dangerous. You really need strong discipline to resist the allure. What I've learned is that the big packages don't last any longer--we just use them up faster. If we have a small box of raisins, we consume them by the spoonful. If we have a big sack, we consume them by the fistful. Either way, the package lasts a couple of weeks. I'm better off buying the normal size.

As far as whether or not things actually work or live up to their claims, I wouldn't expect online purchases to be materially different from brick-and-mortar store purchases.

raylay

Post  Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:06 pm
Past 6 months. 140 orders 53 returns. 7 items I kept that I don’t need or never used. Ex: smocks that are too big, fly zapper (use a wireless vaccine cleaner instead) wig head that’s too short....

ra_mom

Post  Fri, Jan 17 2020, 1:17 pm
raylay wrote:
Past 6 months. 140 orders 53 returns. 7 items I kept that I don’t need or never used. Ex: smocks that are too big, fly zapper (use a wireless vaccine cleaner instead) wig head that’s too short....

Why not return those within in 30 day window? I do plenty of returns. If an item is not returnable, I am more selective in deciding if I should purchase it.
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains