Home

Did anyone get divorced because of in laws or DH’s siblings?
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

#BestBubby

Post  Sat, Jan 18 2020, 9:43 pm
There was a story, I think in Mishpacha, of a father who had a DD who was not 100% and he married her off to a boy who also had issues. But the FIL was upset that his SIL was more problematic and not good enough for his DD. The MIL told the FIL to keep quiet, DD is happy.
Then one day FIL exploded at SIL, DD took Dad's side and left SIL. In the end FIL admits he made a big mistake, DD is miserable, her 2 kids are miserable and troubled.
Lesson to parents - if your Child is Happy, be grateful and Shut up!

amother

OP

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 1:57 am
#BestBubby wrote:
There was a story, I think in Mishpacha, of a father who had a DD who was not 100% and he married her off to a boy who also had issues. But the FIL was upset that his SIL was more problematic and not good enough for his DD. The MIL told the FIL to keep quiet, DD is happy.
Then one day FIL exploded at SIL, DD took Dad's side and left SIL. In the end FIL admits he made a big mistake, DD is miserable, her 2 kids are miserable and troubled.
Lesson to parents - if your Child is Happy, be grateful and Shut up!

Good lesson

SHS

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:56 am
I remember that story

nchr

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:55 am
My in laws are pretty difficult to deal with. When we enrolled our children in a school they did not like they wrote me a letter indicating they were cutting off financial support and we were no longer welcome in their home. DH actually works well with his father but his mother wouldn't allow it. I finally decided that it was better for my kids to have grandparents in their lives so I moved and enrolled the children where my shvigger wanted them to be. I got the same type of letter about other things, and have generally given in because why fight.
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h