Home

How to make 3yr old gluten and dairy free?
Previous  1, 2, 3

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

anonymrs

Post  Wed, Nov 25 2020, 7:30 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Just throwing out random information here-

There’s someone in Lakewood who is an herbalist and has a method to test for food sensitivities.
Our pediatric gastro was not able to figure out what was triggering our child’s stomach issues. He recommended we see a dietitian. Dietitian said go off wheat, dairy, onions, garlic, fructose... and lots more... child was seriously suffering from lack of food choices. Finally met herbalist who said wheat is fine! Garlic is fine! He gave us a list of foods that showed up as problematic and it’s so helpful for us.

Can you please share the name? Or message me? Thx

amother

Brunette

Post  Wed, Nov 25 2020, 7:47 pm
I am so sorry OP. I feel terrible for what you are going through.

Are you going to accept it or resent it forever? If the latter, you need to deal with it.

My dh came around after I negotiated an 8 week trial. The symptoms cleared and was obvious. But I took on all food responsibilities including supplying dh talis bag with loads of shul alternatives, with extras to give out to all kids. And finding equal equivalents for all occasions.

amother

OP

Post  Wed, Nov 25 2020, 8:39 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I am so sorry OP. I feel terrible for what you are going through.

Are you going to accept it or resent it forever? If the latter, you need to deal with it.

My dh came around after I negotiated an 8 week trial. The symptoms cleared and was obvious. But I took on all food responsibilities including supplying dh talis bag with loads of shul alternatives, with extras to give out to all kids. And finding equal equivalents for all occasions.

I have too much going on now but hopefully in a few more weeks when things settle down. Right now I'm in survival mode just making basic suppers

amother

Periwinkle

Post  Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You mean the same one who told me to feed rice cereal at 4 months?
Love him dearly but I treat him as diagnostician only.
Also, any holistic pediatrician would encourage this. Sorry if yours is also an old man.

What's wrong with that?

In Israel they recommend giving children tastes of food at that age, small exposures to get them used to feeling it in their mouths and also it helps avoid allergies later on (part of the reason so few kids here have nut allergies compared to the States). Rice cereal at 4 months makes perfect sense to me.

amother

Pewter

Post  Wed, Nov 25 2020, 9:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dh didn't get on board. I gave up. I thought during lockdown I could control what the kids eat but I'm too exhausted to fight this fight. My husband will buy Mike and ikes instead of the million other healthier candies available, or fruity pebbles(food coloring) instead of cocoa pebbles.

All you naysayers, happy now?
I'm pretty sure my kid already has what I do, which is 4 autoimmune diseases (showing physical symptoms), I just don't even want to test. I don't want to know. I'm on 4k of drugs a month and have spent thousands on alternative health doctors and supplements.

It's a crying shame to subject a 3 year old to this life, but seriously, what am I supposed to do? Every day school gives out animal crackers or pretzels as the afternoon snack (which ends up coming home). Lunch is French fries. In shul dh allows multiple lollipops. How much control do I really have?
I feel you OP. In the same boat. I did manage to get dh on board somewhat but there’s stilll the rest of the world. My child also already has an autoimmune disorder. It’s very very very exhausting and so so sad. I keep hoping the world will wake up but things just seem to be getting worse.

amother

White

Post  Wed, Nov 25 2020, 10:06 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I feel you OP. In the same boat. I did manage to get dh on board somewhat but there’s stilll the rest of the world. My child also already has an autoimmune disorder. It’s very very very exhausting and so so sad. I keep hoping the world will wake up but things just seem to be getting worse.

I used to be a naysayer. It took one child with autoimmune diagnosis another with adhd another with anxiety and behavioral problems to wake up and do some research and TG I found integrative medicine and leaky gut syndrome. I dont think there’s a day that goes by here on imamother where someone doesn’t post about a child or spouse or themselves with a condition that could be helped by this philosophy. The hardest thing about living a healthy lifestyle is the naysayers around us. I would say in about 20 years the regular medical community will wake up and see the research that is currently being done. Until then everyone will fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, mental illness, autism, adhd, and every autoimmune condition will be treated with steroids and cover up medications that doesn’t make the condition go away but just masks the symptoms allowing the fire to continue raging inside the body. Good luck to everyone

amother

Pewter

Post  Wed, Nov 25 2020, 10:14 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I used to be a naysayer. It took one child with autoimmune diagnosis another with adhd another with anxiety and behavioral problems to wake up and do some research and TG I found integrative medicine and leaky gut syndrome. I dont think there’s a day that goes by here on imamother where someone doesn’t post about a child or spouse or themselves with a condition that could be helped by this philosophy. The hardest thing about living a healthy lifestyle is the naysayers around us. I would say in about 20 years the regular medical community will wake up and see the research that is currently being done. Until then everyone will fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, mental illness, autism, adhd, and every autoimmune condition will be treated with steroids and cover up medications that doesn’t make the condition go away but just masks the symptoms allowing the fire to continue raging inside the body. Good luck to everyone
I’ll be very happy if things change in 20 years. Somehow I doubt it. Have you managed to heal your children with diet?

amother

Pearl

Post  Wed, Nov 25 2020, 10:18 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:

Can you tell us what it is you do? In sum
Clean eating? Naturopaths? Gluten and sugar free? Do tell!
I’m on this journey for myself after suffering from a million things, but I like to hear from others.
Just to clarify, I agree with everything you posted.

amother

White

Post  Wed, Nov 25 2020, 10:28 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Can you tell us what it is you do? In sum
Clean eating? Naturopaths? Gluten and sugar free? Do tell!
I’m on this journey for myself after suffering from a million things, but I like to hear from others.
Just to clarify, I agree with everything you posted.

Working with a practitioner who did tons of testing. Hair, stool, blood, urine etc.
She goes over the results and tells you what foods are triggers and wht supplements you need.
Also need to use “clean” hair and body and house products.
Check house for mold.
It’s very extensive. Very expensive. She is not taking any new patients so I won’t post her info.
I used her because altho I did tons of research and ready tons of books I needed that support system.
Gives you recipes and ideas and emotional support.

amother

OP

Post  Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:53 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
What's wrong with that?

In Israel they recommend giving children tastes of food at that age, small exposures to get them used to feeling it in their mouths and also it helps avoid allergies later on (part of the reason so few kids here have nut allergies compared to the States). Rice cereal at 4 months makes perfect sense to me.

Then I won't attempt to educate you otherwise.
Thanks for all those offering support. Truly, until you've been there, you don't get it. But it's so sad that we even have to first get into this bad place. I wish the world would wake up but there's too much money in junk and bad health. Just look at the "pandemic" (in quotes bc I'm sick of it, not bc I don't know ppl who have died from it) is the govt telling us to take vitamins, exercise and get fresh air? No they closed the gyms and left the liquor stores open.
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h