Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Snowtubing

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:02 pm
Can anyone tell me the difference between the places in ny/nj (such as mahwah/ Mt Peter's/ Hunter Mt) and the places in Pennsylvania (Camelback/ blue mt/ mountain Creek)

The size of the hills, single/double/family tubes, etc
Tia

sky

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:40 pm
Double check all my info

Blue mountain has shortest height restrictions and family tubes. (But I still wouldn’t take kid too young).
I also like how the hours work there. You can start your session any time instead of having to show up at the start of a session.
There is also a lodge there that is fun to hang out.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 5:54 pm
Campgaw has a low mountain and it's tons of fun but they only allow single tubes.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 7:57 pm
We haven't gone in a few years, but went for many years and always to Blue Mountain. The length and vertical of the runs is much greater than a lot of other places that are better suited for young kids, and the option to tie the tubes together and go down with DH/DCs adds a lot of fun, and not all places offer it. It's also less crowded than other places, since it's a little longer drive and in a more remote location.

lovemykid!

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:41 pm
I actually just did some research on this because we are planning on going this week and apparently Blue Mountain does not have family tubes anymore. I spoke to two different representatives to confirm and they both said they used to have them but not anymore. They do have double tubes. Camelback also has double and single tubes.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 12:04 am
lovemykid! wrote:
I actually just did some research on this because we are planning on going this week and apparently Blue Mountain does not have family tubes anymore. I spoke to two different representatives to confirm and they both said they used to have them but not anymore. They do have double tubes. Camelback also has double and single tubes.

I am so sorry to hear that we really enjoyed the family tubes. I wonder what they’ll do with those hills. (I did notice it wasn’t mentioned on their website)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics