Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Superpowers we developed when we became moms
1  2  3  Next

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:41 am
In the spirit of every single new marvel superhero created in the last year alone, (I'd like to say that I was almost feeling left out.) I have an announcement to make. I'm a superhero.

It was an ordinary Tuesday at 7:00 PM. My DH was reclining on the, well, recliner, eating from a bowl of gummy worms... (it's a thing in our home..)

And then, it happened. It was raining outside. There was lightning crackling.. (I think there was a radioactive spider too, or it was just quinoa) and suddenly, my kid asked me to untangle her really thin, really knotty "favorite necklace".

Ladies, I had that delicate strand of gold untangled in less time than you could say "marvel comics are stupid!"

I kid you not.

Have you developed any superpowers as a parent?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:50 am
Anon because I've told people.. I once cleaned my whole kitchen with one single sheet of Bounty. (in fairness, my MIL surprise visited and I was given no prior warning)

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:54 am
Being able to tell who pooped based just on smell.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:55 am
Cleaning up someone else's vomit WITHOUT VOMITING MYSELF!!!!

Rappel

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:55 am
I used to NEED 8 hours of sleep to function as a human being. Today, I don't think I could sleep that long, given the option. After 2 I function, after 4 I'm raring to go!

Stars

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:58 am
My biggest one has got to be I can do dinner prep in under a minute aka without anyone causing a second yam suf or the like.

chatz

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:12 am
Finding lost objects!

Sunshineforever

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:16 am
Waking up from my baby stiring in her sleep. I used to be able to sleep through anything.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 12:08 pm
I'm able to taste food that has gone bad, but I don't die. (it passed the sniff test obviously)

gingertop

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 12:10 pm
Sleeping with progressively decreasing space as my children colonize my bed. Holding onto at least one of my pillows and preventing it from being hijacked.

lilies

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 12:19 pm
Finding a pair of matching socks in a basket full of laundry in a dark room, in five seconds flat.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 12:31 pm
Smelling when my food is cooked. I could be cooking a bunch of different things and can smell when it's reach dish is ready.

I also can smell when someone is sick.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 12:56 pm
I developed eyes in the back of my head. And super hearing and super smelling. However, for some reason, my family thinks I have super finding powers, even though I've demonstrated time and again that this is not the case.

Teomima

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 1:02 pm
Like Rappel with sleep, exactly.

The ability to tell when someone is coming up the stairs heading to our apartment (4th floor walkup with neighbors).

Being able to know when something is done cooking/baking in the oven, without a timer, without watching the clock at all, without going into the kitchen to smell or look.

jerusalem90

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 1:17 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Being able to tell who pooped based just on smell.

LOL

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 4:32 pm
Dancing with my 18 month old around the dining room table while I fold laundry. By the time I get around the table once the undershirt is folded and placed onto the table and then we are onto the next garment and the next lap around the table. It’s the most exhausting way to fold laundry but the most rewarding 😊

lcraighten

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:33 am
Managing to clean up from dinner, bathe the kids, fold the laundry and clean the kids room in under 30 minutes!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:44 am
Sense of humor.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:59 am
I manage to find stuff no one else in the house can find all the time! A kid can check the shelf three times and still not see the item that they’re looking for. Good ‘ole mama shleps up the steps to the closet and boom! She finds it there in a second.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:13 am
I can't make this stuff up! This morning I literally opened the pantry and a can of tomato paste came flying at my head at what I imagine is 100 miles an hour and I caught the sucker!!! I would have had to go to work with a can-shaped dent in my brain without my super abilities!

OH. Or I could have called in sick and had the day to myself... I missed that opportunity... Stupid dog!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics