Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
One night in NYC
Previous  1  2

benny

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 3:15 pm
Go to godaven.com. They have all minyanim and what time.
I would opt for Le Carnie if youre forgetting about price.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 3:21 pm
DH and I went to levana's about 18 mos ago. a)they had a prex fix menu ~$30 a person and a couple choices of each course...(ie. soup, entree, dessert)...also they were running a special that if you reserved through their website, you'd get 5% off your bill.

If you want to do levana's, that would be a good way to go. Personally, I thought the food was bland...,like they ran out of salt or something. The asparagus soup tasted like green water...

It was dark and had the potential to be romantic...although we had just gotten drenched outside so...actually one might think that would be romantic but it wasn't. It was nice and dark and quiet and a major boost not having to tell ds to put the fork down or to stop dropping stuff onthe floor, etc.

ss321

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 7:48 pm
the most "romantic" places I can think of in the city are
Le Carne (idk how to spell)
Levana
Le Marais
maybe its all b/c theyre dimly lit lol...
If you do le marais, definitely ask to be seated UPSTAIRS. totally different atmosphere.
oohhh I love spending hte nite in the city....have fun!!!!

ps are you or your husband "students?" do you ahve a STUDENT ID?? beecause if so you can get really cheap tickets (like 10 dollars) to bway shows, ballet, etc etc, just check out studenttickets.com

enjoy

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 7:52 pm
Can dh get a student id from kollel ? I know it’s an oxmoron, kollel and Broadway shows but there are things that we appreciate as a couple such as philharmonic.

Squash

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 8:07 pm
I would not suggest le marais, although I know most pple are mad about it. the place is always so crowded, you can't hear yourself think. hardly romantic. I like le carne grill so much better.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 8:09 pm
ambiance wise, is la carne really much better than prime grill?
the one time I was in la carne there was a party going on and I couldnt hear myself think!

any suggestions for milchigs?

have any of you been to the bowling alley near times square- leisure time bowling? was it sleezy?

cassandra

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 8:14 pm
The best restaurant for ambience, by far, was Domani. But they lost their hashgacha and closed down the same week. Crying
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics