Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Looking nice way to tell friend no.
Previous  1  2

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 6:24 pm
If shes been texting, pick up the phone so she can hear ur tone of voice. Tell her u didnt want to text cuz u didnt want to insult/hurt her but its just not something you feel comfortable with (if u need to insert an excuse u can) she will feel less bad than a text and there wont be any back n forth

nechamashifra

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 7:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My friend who is around 400lbs keeps asking me daily to work out on my exercise equipment. I keep ignoring it.

She wants to work out daily in my house. I don't want that from anyone. She also is heavy, and my equipment is expensive. All damages to my machines came from letting others use them.

I can't keep brushing her off.

"Hi Rivky, sorry for not getting back to you sooner re the gym equipment. I spoke with my dh about it and he's really not comfortable allowing anyone - including his siblings and mine - to use our gym equipment since we invested a lot of money into it. If I let you use it, it wouldn't be fair to our family members who we turned down...hope you understand!" (optional): "what do you think of power walking with me on Tuesdays though? I could really use a walking buddy".

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 7:54 pm
Planet fitness is very cheap people of alll sizes go their tell her to swim

mirror

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 7:54 pm
nechamashifra wrote:
"Hi Rivky, sorry for not getting back to you sooner re the gym equipment. I spoke with my dh about it and he's really not comfortable allowing anyone - including his siblings and mine - to use our gym equipment since we invested a lot of money into it. If I let you use it, it wouldn't be fair to our family members who we turned down...hope you understand!" (optional): "what do you think of power walking with me on Tuesdays though? I could really use a walking buddy".

I agree with the post above, but your time is precious. You don't have to offer to be her walking buddy if you have a household to maintain.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 8:02 pm
Planet Fitness has separate hours?

you can say no in a nice way without offering other options like swim - she asked a question you can answer it you don't have to give her a bunch of different ideas or fix it

gamanit

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 3:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My friend who is around 400lbs keeps asking me daily to work out on my exercise equipment. I keep ignoring it.

She wants to work out daily in my house. I don't want that from anyone. She also is heavy, and my equipment is expensive. All damages to my machines came from letting others use them.

I can't keep brushing her off.

To me it sounds like she'd rather not weigh 400lbs and is trying to get into normal shape. If the real issue is the equipment, why don't you research the weight limit instead of telling her no? You can tell her to be careful with the equipment and limit it to a reasonable schedule. It would be a really big chessed. Weight limits are listed on product details generally. For example this treadmill has a weight limit of 300lbs but this one can handle 400lb person. Check your user manual if you want to be 100% sure.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:09 pm
The fat shaming on this thread is unreal.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:21 pm
Fat people know they're fat. You don't have to act like it's new information.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:35 pm
I really don't think her weight is relevant here. Would you let a 130 pound friend work out on your treadmill every day? Who wants to commit to anyone being in their house on a daily basis?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette