Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Mendel Klein or Rabbi Benstein for Floortime

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:54 pm
Hi!
Does anyone have any experience with any of the above therapists? I’m looking for someone to help my son with emotional regulation amongst other issues. I was recommended floortime therapy & given the option of these 2 therapists.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:01 pm
Very different locations
Mendel is Williamsburg
Rabbi Bernstein is Lakewood
Haven’t used them but I know that both are meant to be great

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:02 pm
I - was going to travel at one point for therapy for my son but realized it would make him even more dysregulated

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:06 pm
Wow, I was in school with Mendel! I'm so glad to hear he's doing great things. I can't speak to his skills now, but he was a very dedicated student and a huge huge mentch.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:10 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Wow, I was in school with Mendel! I'm so glad to hear he's doing great things. I can't speak to his skills now, but he was a very dedicated student and a huge huge mentch.

Ok- I’ll join: Mendel s a wonderful person. He is so very dedicated. I have heard feedback on his work from satisfied clients and have seen his workshops which are beautiful. I would have loved to use him if I were able!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:13 pm
Yes, I’m aware of their locations but I need to address my child’s issues ASAP. I heard wonderful things about Rabbi Benstein. Would like to hear more about someone’s experience with Mendel Klein. Also in general, if anyone did floortime how was your experience??

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:15 pm
I’m currently year number two doing floortime with my son. It’s a beautiful experience. Definitely seeing progress- slow but steady

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:18 pm
Thanks! This is a huge undertaking on me financially. It’s a commitment of almost 3,000 if I want to see substantial change. I’ve come to the harsh realization that paying out of pocket is the way to go if I truly want to address my sons issues which are only getting larger as he geta older. I’ve had therapists from the BOE but am not seeing any progress in the social emotional area. My child is suffering immensely and I need to help him.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:20 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I’m currently year number two doing floortime with my son. It’s a beautiful experience. Definitely seeing progress- slow but steady

Who are u using, if I may ask?
2 years is a long time... no??

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:22 pm
My only salvation in therapy was when I paid out of pocket... boe unfortunately just made my son angrier- while floortime he loves. You won’t see progress overnight.,also- if you carry over at home you’ll see more progress. It’s a mind shift for the parent as well- a beautiful way of interacting with a child. Read engaging autism by Stanley Greenspan (even with no diagnoses)
My therapist just did a school visit which was very helpful

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Well I did one year- last year
I stopped this year but restarted because he needed it-
Each kid is different
(My son is probably asd)
I’m using Moshe Kellman in chush on bay parkway-

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Really depends where on the ladder your child is
Also- I’ve come to the realization that if I want to keep my son in a mainstream class he will need support

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:42 pm
Amother wine u hear you. Didn’t think it was such a long process. Seems like I need to readjust my expectations a bit. Thanks for the book suggestion. I’ve been reading (eating!) books lately out of desperation and gained a lot of ideas.
About Moshe Kellman would you recommend him? Is he very experienced? Have you ever used anyone else to compare him to?? Such a big investment for me and I want to be confident with the therapist.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 5:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Amother wine u hear you. Didn’t think it was such a long process. Seems like I need to readjust my expectations a bit. Thanks for the book suggestion. I’ve been reading (eating!) books lately out of desperation and gained a lot of ideas.
About Moshe Kellman would you recommend him? Is he very experienced? Have you ever used anyone else to compare him to?? Such a big investment for me and I want to be confident with the therapist.

Hi!
Any way to pm you for more info?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:23 am
Anyone else had experience using Mendel Klein for floortime?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:50 am
Can you call him for references?
Also- can the person who gave you his info give you names of people who used him so that you can call and hear about his work? If they gave you his name perhaps they know of people who were helped by him?
Hatzlochah in your journey
It’s not an easy one...
But it’s really rewarding

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 11:56 am
It was my friend who just heard about him from her sons therapist.
AMEN!!! Thanks!! Same to you!!

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 3:26 pm
Does anyone have a contact number for mendel Klein?
Besides him, do you know of any other DIR therapists? Ideal is in monsey but willing to travel…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children