Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
"Cheaper than therapy!"
Previous  1  2

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 2:28 pm
DVOM wrote:
I actually love the phrase. I don't think it's meant to be taken literally. For me, spending money on self-care often negates the need for therapy. I think this can be true for lots of people who do not have real pathology but a propensity towards anxiety, depression, anger, whatever that is exacerbated by extenuating circumstances.

This.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 6:41 am
OP..Im very happy it works for you

My brother is autistic and has many mental health issues
So growing up, I saw more than my share of therapists.. Most of them were worthless, regardless of the cost

Whereas, going away Pesach, even to a cheap place like Oppenheimers, for 2k a couple drastically helped my family. Especially, because my mother , grandmother, and my inlawa all died that time of year, so it is a very difficult time..

tryinghard

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 7:33 am
I use the phrase to describe my craft hobby. It happens to be extremely relaxing and therapeutic. And I probably need to get myself a therapist. But for now this hobby will have to suffice - and it really is cheaper.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics