Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What to do in Mitzpe Ramon

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 2:39 pm
Has anyone been there? What did you enjoy there? We would like to do something in/by the crater. I would really appreciate any feedback about experiences biking, hiking, stargazing (I saw rappelling-we're not doing that!), or anything else, also, did you book a tour or guide or can you do these activities on your own? I would really appreciate any feedback about experiences there. Thanks!!

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 2:51 pm
We booked a Jeep tour inside the machtesh. It's truly remarkable. We also climbed camel mount for sunset,it was breathtaking.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 6:41 pm
fleetwood wrote:
We booked a Jeep tour inside the machtesh. It's truly remarkable. We also climbed camel mount for sunset,it was breathtaking.

Thank you, what type of hike is it? Do you remember about how long? The jeep tour I'm not sure about because we're going to be spending so much time in a car as it is. Has anyone else been to Mitzpe Ramon? I would love to hear about other experiences!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 6:42 pm
I would also really like to find out hikes in the crater. We were also considering a jeep tour, but rejected it bc of the same reason-we're already doing so much driving!
We scheduled stargazing with Ira Machevsky, I've seen his name all over the internet, that he's supposed to be very good, we also scheduled sandboarding, (about 40 minutes away though)

STMommy

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 6:52 pm
I spent a lovely time playing with makeup in the Faran store Smile

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 7:53 pm
I was at Mitzpa Ramon and got some stunning pictures there! We stopped there for a bit en route to Eilat.
I did the sandboarding too and enjoyed it a lot.

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 8:05 pm
I slept in the Bedouin tent run by hippie Israelis. It's an experience to do once.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:21 pm
Can anyone recommend specific hikes they did in the crater that were interesting (for teens/adults) or would the ein avdat hike be more interesting?

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would also really like to find out hikes in the crater. We were also considering a jeep tour, but rejected it bc of the same reason-we're already doing so much driving!
We scheduled stargazing with Ira Machevsky, I've seen his name all over the internet, that he's supposed to be very good, we also scheduled sandboarding, (about 40 minutes away though)

Ira is great. Just be aware that it is COLD at night, so dress very warmly. You don't move around much when stargazing so you need to bundle up.

As for other activities: Google "Mitzpe Ramon hikes" to find some trails. Ein Avdat is nearby and is a beautiful hike. You can also tour Sde Boker and learn about David Ben Gurion.

There is also a visitors center at Mitzpeh Ramin that gives some good explanations about the geology of the crater.

Another activity is rappelling (if you're up for that sort of thing).

There is also a llama ranch that is interesting for kids.

On the drive down to Mitzpeh Ramon, you have the Air Force Museum in Beer Sheva.

essie14

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 9:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can anyone recommend specific hikes they did in the crater that were interesting (for teens/adults) or would the ein avdat hike be more interesting?

We just did ein avdat , it's really great. My kids have done it more than once and always enjoy.

Aylat

Post Fri, Mar 04 2022, 4:02 am
You're all making me jealous! Hope to be able to go some day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics