Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Is it appropriate?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:21 pm
To show teen daughter pic of sonogram in pregnancy? Asking for a freind . I dont have daughters tho. I thought its strange . I would share anything but my sonogram pics . Whats your thoughts? Im curious to know what the majority thinks ? As of now I dont think I would show but could be times have changed and these days ppl share this with thier daughters?

small bean

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:22 pm
I shared them with my daughters and sons. I dont see why not. It is a picture of a baby. It is amazing what we can see and I find it so inspiring.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:27 pm
I used to sneak peek pictures my mother kept of her sonograms. I didn’t think there was anything wrong with the pictures. I found them fascinating and couldn’t wait to see the real baby.
I never thought about showing my kids because they were all young whenever I was pregnant. I probably would show older kids when I would be at a later stage and it resembles more of a baby.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:28 pm
It depends. Some find it inappropriate and some find it ok. It depends how open you are with your kids in general and how much they know.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:28 pm
Why would it be inappropriate?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:30 pm
I shared them with my sons for whoever was interested. Teens included.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:41 pm
I only have boys, I shared the pics with them. It's interesting and scientific. My Mil is an OB, during her pregnancies, she didn't just show her kids pics, she would actually perform ultrasounds on herself to show them the new sibling!

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:42 pm
I showed pictures to my kids, who were way younger than teenagers when I was pregnant. They loved them!!

bouncy

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:45 pm
not appropriate dor various reasons...

small bean

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:45 pm
bouncy wrote:

What reasons? Please elaborate

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:50 pm
bouncy wrote:

Please explain.
I show my children the sonogram pictures and even bring them to ultrasound appointments to see the baby on the screen.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 7:56 pm
I literally can't imagine a reason why it's inappropriate, unless kids in your community don't know about pregnancy bchlal.

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:06 pm
This obviously depends on your general outlook towards pregnancy, which recent threads have shown to range from “I tell them as soon as I pee on a stick” to “they think I buy the baby from the hospital.” I personally think there’s nothing wrong with it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:13 pm
Wow! So I c that the vote is high . My baby is big and I didnt have a baby in a while and still hope to become pregnant any time soon. Now my boys are teens and I should really be more open with them, the thing is I wasnt pregnant in a while so it didn't come in to discuss this , I just wonder how comfortable I would feel . Daughters I thought is rather ok but sons?? Could be im just not used to it. Each for their own. Depending also background, cultural, ect...

chestnut

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 8:28 pm
Can someone spell out what could be inappropriate in showing ultrasound pics of the baby to one's kids, little or teens or married?

bsy

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:06 pm
My mother put her sonogram pictures in the family albums. Yeshivish family if that matters....I never thought to think it's weird or inappropriate.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:11 pm
I have shown my kids the sonograms of themselves years later and I would love to show my kids my sonogram now when I let them know I'm expecting-except I'm pregnant with twins and I DONT want them to know! O well.....

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:17 pm
I put away DD sonogram to show her when shes older. When we had the TALK she asked me some related q's and I told her about the concept of sono. I wanted to show it to her, but DH didn't approve (even though he's the one who introduced her to the concept of babies in the stomach in the first place). I figured I'll wait till she's older, but I'm afraid its long gone...

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:23 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I have shown my kids the sonograms of themselves years later and I would love to show my kids my sonogram now when I let them know I'm expecting-except I'm pregnant with twins and I DONT want them to know! O well.....

Why? I'm just curious because my mom had twins when I was about 12-13. It turned over my life for weeks if not years. She kept it a secret from everyone and I can't figure out why.

malki2

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:38 pm
Why in the WORLD would it be inappropriate?? Do they not know that there is a baby in your stomach??
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children