Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Creative hobby to turn into eventual business... Need ideas!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 10:59 pm
Hi all! I'm in need of ideas... But first a bit of background. I never went to college for a degree, because anything I've ever dreamed of doing didn't require actual college. Think doula, cake decorating, makeup, etc. Well, here I am, 10 years out of school, 5 years married and still haven't figured out what I really wanna do with my life... Worry not- I do have a job. I teach. Literally making bubkes, but I love children, that's the only reason I'm still in the job. But it's not long term for me... My happy place is being creative with my hands. I don't get a chance to do it enough (for myself, anyway. As a Morah who makes bulletin boards and projects all the time, I do it for my classroom). I have a dream of making something unique, my own product with my own flair, but I have NO CLUE what to do! I feel like the hats/beanies/baseball caps/bows/headbands industry is really overflowing. What else can I be creative with? Is there a product needed out there? Or something different that people would appreciate? I feel like everything's been taken (until someone comes along with a new product/new take on a product, and I'm like why didn't I think of that??)! Any ideas?
Ps- I was also considering photography, as I looovvveee taking pictures, but I'm afraid that market is also overcrowded. What's the fine line between "everyone brings their unique style to what they're doing" and "it's not worth it because so many ppl are doing (fill in the blank). Thanks all!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 11:11 pm
Check out http://www.kirstenlewisphoto.com/
People take real life style photography but I dont know anyone who does A day in the life kind of sessions in the frum world. she gives classes on creativelive.com on how to go about such a session

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 11:50 pm
Centerpieces for simchas?

Painted serving dishes?

Personalized decor for children?

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 1:40 am
painted tablecloths

disneyland

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 4:55 am
Scrapbooking
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics