Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How old were you when you had your last child?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 5:38 pm
had my first at 27 my last at 28 they were twins
happy with my three
im mo

Teomima

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 7:02 pm
MO. Had last kid at 38. We're done*. Decided on our own. Our cup runneth over; neither of us feel capable of handling any more, and we're both very happy with the children we have.

(*Of course, we also thought the same after I had my second to last at 36, so....But we really do feel or family is complete now)

Last edited by Teomima on Wed, Jan 22 2020, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 7:15 pm
What does jpf stand for please? I'm yeshivish. I have 4 kids knH. I'm 32 and I'd like 1 or 2 max more but I don't want to be having kids when I'm older than 36 if all goes to plan. I had my 1st at 20 so already at it a long time. I took longish breaks between my kids..my 1st two very close together.

saralem

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 7:27 pm
I was 41 when I had our last dc. Chabad. Yes, used BC after the last baby. It was a long time ago and I don’t think I asked for a heter . But I had asked for a heter after each baby starting with #4 until #7.

Odelyah

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 7:35 pm
gold21 wrote:
No, I wasn't referring to your health.

OK yeah that's what I thought

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 8:00 pm
28 . #5.
Medical reasons had to wait a few years. At that point husband felt overwhelm so rav said more important for children to have healthy parents than more children.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 8:10 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
My mother had me when she was 46. She thanks god for me every day. She said I kept her young. If someone is healthy and capable why would you want to stop at young age?

Yeah I agree with you. I cant fathom ever feeling I have enough kids
On this site I'll be attacked for saying

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 8:39 pm
Had twins.
Then had a second set of twins.
We're good. Can't imagine a 3rd set.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 9:28 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:

Nothing wrong with that, if you feel you can manage.

I personally don't think I can handle a very large brood. I am pretty busy now with 4 and thinking about another 1-2 in the future. I've got some time, as I'm not yet 30.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 10:32 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:

Me too. Nearing my "minyan" be'ezrat Hashem, and still have a few years before I hit 40. I will happily take any that Hashem gives me!

(And I would LOVE another set of twins!)

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 4:22 am
Had my last at 35.
Charedi

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 6:54 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Me too. Nearing my "minyan" be'ezrat Hashem, and still have a few years before I hit 40. I will happily take any that Hashem gives me!

(And I would LOVE another set of twins!)

Everything depends on the individual circumstances. Another set of twins when you have lots of older kids to help is different than young twins without any help at all.

I always thought I'd have a large family. Then I had my specific situation and I'm good with my 4. Would I love another kid? Absolutely! Can I handle another 2 right right now? No. I'll take what I'm given, happily, but I won't try for another knowingly.

cookies6

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 10:58 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I'm 36 now, had my last at 34. Dont think I'll be having more. Somewhere between JPF and yeshivish. Did not ask specifically. Last kid threw our family for a loop. I have fulfilled my halachic obligation, dh (a rebbe) is ok with it.

Exactly the same except I was 36.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 11:11 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Everything depends on the individual circumstances. Another set of twins when you have lots of older kids to help is different than young twins without any help at all.

I always thought I'd have a large family. Then I had my specific situation and I'm good with my 4. Would I love another kid? Absolutely! Can I handle another 2 right right now? No. I'll take what I'm given, happily, but I won't try for another knowingly.

Not judging at all. I had my twins when my oldest was 4. My life was upside down for quite a while.

Just trying to redress the balance in this thread a little.

slushiemom

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:12 pm
My first at 21, last at 27. 3 kids.

I am in my mid 30's now and absolutely LOVING the freedom of not having babies, and the enjoyment of having older kids who are extremely fun to do things with. Of course there are challenges, but overall I'm so happy that I started young and stopped young.

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:17 pm
My mother had me when she was 46. She thanks god for me every day. She said I kept her young. If someone is healthy and capable why would you want to stop at young age?

I don't really understand your question.

A healthy woman at 46 still has older eggs. Eggs don't go to the gym, eat their brussels sprouts, wear sunscreen, or take their vitamins. Regardless of what shape you're in, your eggs still age.

That is why many women are hesitant to have babies at an older age. It's totally fine with me. I'm just asking if you're aware of the statistical risks. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Stats are just stats. Everything is in Hashem's hands.

So, by all means, I don't see a problem with it. Just recommending that you gather all information before going ahead with it, so you're making an educated decision.

I think that if you are up for it, go for it. Different women, different natures, different perspectives, different approaches.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:37 pm

The older you get, the harder it is to get your body back into shape.
Throw the tomatoes. I don't like abusing my body, and having babies is trauma to the midsection and other places. Better to stop before you're too old to undo the physical damage.

amother
White

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 12:42 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
The older you get, the harder it is to get your body back into shape.
Throw the tomatoes. I don't like abusing my body, and having babies is trauma to the midsection and other places. Better to stop before you're too old to undo the physical damage.
I hear you, as I am now working super hard at the gym to regain my fit size 2 body, which, btw, I have done successfully after each baby (13 of the keh). But what chilbirth has done to my spirit and well being is beyond euphoria, I've been hugging and kissing my baby. She lights up the entire house! One of my kids recently asked how do people survive without babies! So yes, While I had to give up some physical attributes, emotionally I'm in the best place I'd ever want to be, bh!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 1:05 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I hear you, as I am now working super hard at the gym to regain my fit size 2 body, which, btw, I have done successfully after each baby (13 of the keh). But what chilbirth has done to my spirit and well being is beyond euphoria, I've been hugging and kissing my baby. She lights up the entire house! One of my kids recently asked how do people survive without babies! So yes, While I had to give up some physical attributes, emotionally I'm in the best place I'd ever want to be, bh!

BH. Well, that's unusual-
You must have a lot of household help to find time for the gym with 13 kids underfoot KAH.

With enough help and support, I see how how having many babies can be a super-rewarding experience. Many women don't have that sort of support.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 1:44 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
But what chilbirth has done to my spirit and well being is beyond euphoria, I've been hugging and kissing my baby. She lights up the entire house! One of my kids recently asked how do people survive without babies! So yes, While I had to give up some physical attributes, emotionally I'm in the best place I'd ever want to be, bh!

I agree with you. I'm far from 13 ..hope to get there one day. I also feel emotionally better than ever in my life after giving birth. If you realize the value of bringing a child into the world I don't see how anyone could care about their figure or being exhausted
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics