Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep training help
Previous  1  2

2gether

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:54 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
The "Pantley Pull-Off" method specifically was a lifesaver in getting a nursed-to-sleep baby to be able to fall back asleep on their own.

In short, you nurse baby until they are ALMOST asleep, then gently break suction. Usually at first baby protests, so you latch back on, count to 10 or 20 in your head, then repeat. Continue until you or baby loses patience, or baby falls asleep. You can do this every time you put baby to sleep.

It never takes me more than a few days before baby can fall asleep without the nipple actually in their mouth, and then they don't find it as hard to fall back asleep if they wake in the middle of the night.

I tried pulling out right before they fall asleep and the result was shoter naps(1/2-45 mins), he'd wake up wanting to finish eating.

I second the kinderwind her blog and free guide helped me alot, except that now he started sucking his thumb instead of other props Can't Believe It , any solutions?

Another thing that I did that really helped was a nightly bath.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics