Home

Spinoff gentle parenting with adhd child
Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


lilies




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jan 22 2020, 10:06 pm
behappy2 wrote:

I kind of get what you're saying but I don't think it's true for everyone. For example if I planned to go to bed early and im cranky and my child has a meltdown then I will react emotionally, it's not all triggers.


My posts were directed mostly towards 'chartreuse' regarding clarification on working through triggers. She said she felt triggered, sad and helpless.

Not all misbehavior is triggering.
If you react with emotion vs levelheadedness it is usually due to a trigger. Or you might just be tired and cranky..
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse
 

Post  Wed, Jan 22 2020, 10:15 pm
lilies wrote:
My posts were directed mostly towards 'chartreuse' regarding clarification on working through triggers. She said she felt triggered, sad and helpless.

Not all misbehavior is triggering.
If you react with emotion vs levelheadedness it is usually due to a trigger. Or you might just be tired and cranky..


Can it be that I am lacking the proper set of skills of how to deal with my child? Kids don’t exactly come with an instruction manual Wink ADHD kids even more so..
My question was to clarify what being ‘triggered’ meant.
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse
 

Post  Wed, Jan 22 2020, 10:19 pm
Zehava, you wrote that your daughter hasn’t had a meltdown in a year. Care to share your gems of wisdom?? Would be nice if we can minimize to weekly meltdowns vs daily ones.
Back to top

lilies




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jan 22 2020, 10:23 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Can it be that I am lacking the proper set of skills of how to deal with my child? Kids don’t exactly come with an instruction manual Wink ADHD kids even more so..
My question was to clarify what being ‘triggered’ meant.


Was your question answered?
Back to top

lilies




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jan 22 2020, 10:27 pm
I live and learn. Don't know about a specific set of skills.
There is one book that has really changed the way I interact with my child and I've seen a major change.
Beyond Consequences, Logic, and Control

It won't help with the triggers though.
Back to top

Zehava




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jan 22 2020, 11:00 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Zehava, you wrote that your daughter hasn’t had a meltdown in a year. Care to share your gems of wisdom?? Would be nice if we can minimize to weekly meltdowns vs daily ones.

I tried a few things over the past year
A. Active listening during meltdowns but standing my ground and not being fazed.
B. CBD oil, she’s currently not taking it anymore since she proved that she can do okay without it.
C. Working through my own triggers.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Parenting with food poisoning?
by Rappel
5 Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:13 am View last post
It's great for kids to be bored-parenting 7 Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:38 am View last post
My only child toddler is bored out of his mind
by amother
31 Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:48 pm View last post
Challenging child, what is the right response
by amother
12 Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:01 am View last post
Weird symptoms in child. Anyone have this? Is it cv?
by amother
2 Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:21 am View last post

Jump to: