Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
IMAMOTHER GOT TALENT!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

lilies

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 10:47 am
gamanit wrote:
I can adjust the pressure inside my ears by clicking my ears which seems to control some kind of valve. (not sure how to explain it). I use it whenever I'm in a car, airplane, or if it's just getting too loud around me and I need a bit of a break (while the valve is open I hear a little less). It's not as good as earplugs but still helps.

Me too!
Do you have tmj?

gamanit

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 10:49 am
lilies wrote:
Me too!
Do you have tmj?

I did but now it's not bad. I never knew the two are related!

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 10:50 am
shirachadasha wrote:
I have a few slinkys for you.

Yes, I do those too!

On a different note, I also have the ability to say something as an attempt to create a compromise between my children's opinions and needs and manage to deeply offend every single one of them. Though sometimes this creates achdus among the kids, so that's something!

lilies

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 10:52 am
gamanit wrote:
I did but now it's not bad. I never knew the two are related!

Mine's mild too. I'm not sure, I just always felt there must be a connection.

honeymoon

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 12:08 pm
Mandolin wrote:
I love animals and they love me. I feel like I can communicate with them. (Now everyone here will think I'm crazy πŸ€ͺ )

I don't think you are crazy. I love animals too and it's a surreal experience to sit and pet them..

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 12:36 pm
I have a sixth sense of knowing when one of the kids have the third ΧžΧ›Χ”. And, I’m an expert in getting rid of it. I’ve been cleaning (siblings) heads since I’m a small child.

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 1:22 pm
I can see the future. I know I don't want my mother in law to pop in unannounced any time in the future. I also can predict she will have a problem with something or someone....

I can read anyone's future, actually

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 1:26 pm
How about dh's talent? Invisibility. He can be standing in the kitchen next to the refrigerator pouring himself a drink, and a dc will come upstairs, find me in my bedroom, and ask me for a drink!

dovebird

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 1:31 pm
I have the talent of picking up the one shirt/dress/skirt at TJmax (or a store similar) that happens to be $300+. Every. Single. Time!

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 2:07 pm
I could fall asleep in about 45 seconds of hitting the pillow.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 3:28 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
How about dh's talent? Invisibility. He can be standing in the kitchen next to the refrigerator pouring himself a drink, and a dc will come upstairs, find me in my bedroom, and ask me for a drink!

Same here!!

groisamomma

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I could fall asleep in about 45 seconds of hitting the pillow.

Do you know how lucky you are? I have the talent of running on 2-3 hours of sleep for days on end and sometimes even 1.5 hrs.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 1:58 pm
I can talk to bees and bumblebees. When they fly into the house, I say something to the effect of "Hi bee. It's nice to see you, but there's no flowers in here for you. I'm sorry, but if you stay in here you'll get really hungry, so you should go back out the door/window."

This works every. single. time. without fail.

It does not work on houseflies or wasps. They do NOT give a flying... well, you get the idea! LOL

If I stand near a bunch of flowers and hold out my finger, a butterfly will land on it, just like a parakeet would. We sort of silently "talk" to each other, and then it will fly away. My mom has pictures of me doing this as a little girl, and I can still do it. Bay Checkerspots, Skippers, and Monarchs seem drawn to me the most.

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 4:14 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I have a sixth sense of knowing when one of the kids have the third ΧžΧ›Χ”. And, I’m an expert in getting rid of it. I’ve been cleaning (siblings) heads since I’m a small child.

Can you share some advice please, because I'm losing it around here At wits end
They (The third Makkah) seem to love using my daughter's head as their hotel room Wink , birthing center, daycare, Chassuna hall, and everything in between Twisted Evil
Thanks 😊

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I love this! A shame we cant meet one day.

I am sociable bh and socialize alot at different outings and gatherings (for mothers of special needs kids, I've got a few, with different diagnoses)!
So if you have a special needs child, and joining get-togethers, you might meet me IRL!!!
I was at a Shabbaton this week, several people saved me a seat next to them for the suede. I got many compliments on how great I look (my wardrobe was $3 from the thrift shop). I believe it's my smile and positive attitude that attracts people to me...

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 7:27 pm
I have a really weird memory for details.
I remember conversations and random facts, but I don't notice obvious things. Unless I specifically make sure to look, I won't notice what someone is wearing or if they're pregnant, but I can repeat our entire conversation later and I'll remember most details of it 20 years later too.
I'm the friend who says, remember 15 years ago, in high school, this and this happened? And my friends are like, nope but that's hysterical! And I'm like, how could you forget, it was so funny?

tryinghard

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 7:49 pm
I can recite the entire Dr Suess ABC book by heart and have been known to do so at the Shabbos table

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 7:57 pm
I memorized my mother’s elementary and high school yearbooks when I was a little girl so every time my mom brought up oh I had a friend this and that.. I’m like yes I know who ur talking about! I’ve also recognized her classmates walking in the street in different cities.

thriver

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 8:07 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I have a really weird memory for details.
I remember conversations and random facts, but I don't notice obvious things. Unless I specifically make sure to look, I won't notice what someone is wearing or if they're pregnant, but I can repeat our entire conversation later and I'll remember most details of it 20 years later too.
I'm the friend who says, remember 15 years ago, in high school, this and this happened? And my friends are like, nope but that's hysterical! And I'm like, how could you forget, it was so funny?

So interesting...! I have a knack for faces and remember people from as far back as kindergarten and anyone who was ever in camp with me, etc. but I also do not notice what people are wearing or when pregnant etc. and I do not usually remember what happened this morning either...!

caza

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 8:50 pm
rakcna wrote:
It’s kind of difficult to explain, you flip the baby over one arm with their head towards the crook of the elbow facing outward. Your hand should be on the front of the diaper area. This puts pressure on their belly from your forearm. Then, depending on the issue you can use your other hand to crunch up the legs (helps get gas and poop out) and or use a hand to knead the belly.

I am trying...
Can you show a little video tutorial, my baby gas been awake since yesterday, literally only sleeping a max of 15 min!
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics