Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher Indian Restiarant ANYWHERE with a good hescher???
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:08 am
Title says it all. I’m desperate. Ya I know I can make it myself but I don’t want to.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:08 am
Paris has 2 and one catering take out

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:12 am
Stamford ct has one
Masala kraft in hartsdale ny

watergirl

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:15 am
There is one in Dallas. Its really good!!

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:16 am
cincinnati OH

It's a real indian restaurant with most of the patrons being indian so to me that makes it more "legit" in terms of being Indian but it's under the local vaad which I believe at least locally is considered reputable. It's dairy so it's cholov stam but if you are makpid you can just have the "parve" stuff.

essie14

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:19 am
Ashdod, Israel

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:22 am
Navaratna in Stamford, CT is a kosher Indian restaurant under the Vaad of Fairfield.

It's an Indian restaurant that went kosher, so it's very authentic, and very delicious!

http://www.navaratnact.com/

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:37 am
Seattle, WA. Go to Pabla. It's dairy, and it's addictive! When I lived there it was the only place I ever wanted to go out to eat, and we had pizza, deli, sushi, and chinese too.

Connected to the restaurant they have food frozen and ready to reheat for Shabbos, and a grocery store where you can buy all the spices with a heksher, a sweets counter, and even the pots and pans you need to cook authentically. I'd kill for a place like that in Israel, even if I had to travel for hours to get there.

Mandolin

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:41 am
There are a few in Manhattan but I'm not sure which hescher you prefer. There is also south and North Indian which are very different.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 6:42 am
There used to be one in Queens- not sure if it’s still there

Hamotron

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 7:09 am
Stamford, and there's a new one in Boston (Veggie Crust, I believe).

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 7:26 am
Toronto

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 7:48 am
St Louis. And it's vegan also

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 7:54 am
About 15 years ago there was a nice one in Howell

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 8:13 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
cincinnati OH

It's a real indian restaurant with most of the patrons being indian so to me that makes it more "legit" in terms of being Indian but it's under the local vaad which I believe at least locally is considered reputable. It's dairy so it's cholov stam but if you are makpid you can just have the "parve" stuff.

LOVE Amma’s! Highly recommend!!

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 8:14 am
I heard about the one in Howell!!! My pediatrician told me that the sister of another pediatrician in the office had opened the restaurant and gotten a hechsher. I can't believe I never knew about it till it closed! Would have LOVED to try the food.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 8:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Title says it all. I’m desperate. Ya I know I can make it myself but I don’t want to.

Where do you live?

avrahamama

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 8:38 am
What if you hired an Indian lady to come cook in your house? My friend used to pay her Mexican cleaning lady to come cook. It was really delicious! And I learned so much too!

Iymnok

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 12:06 pm
FF, you beat me to it! It is sadly not Cholov Yisroel. But they are as authentic as you could get.
I prefer Bamboo Garden though.

israelmama

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 12:49 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Seattle, WA. Go to Pabla. It's dairy, and it's addictive! When I lived there it was the only place I ever wanted to go out to eat, and we had pizza, deli, sushi, and chinese too.

Connected to the restaurant they have food frozen and ready to reheat for Shabbos, and a grocery store where you can buy all the spices with a heksher, a sweets counter, and even the pots and pans you need to cook authentically. I'd kill for a place like that in Israel, even if I had to travel for hours to get there.

Yes!! Pabla is amazing!!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen