Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Were you told it's colic and it wasn't?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:04 am
Were you ever told your baby had colic and it was something else? How old was your baby?

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Were you ever told your baby had colic and it was something else? How old was your baby?

My baby is 5 months old. He cried non stop from when he was born. He was also vomiting alot. I kept going to the doctor who kept saying it's colic. I told the doctor I'll switch him to soy formula to see if it makes a difference and she discouraged me. Afew weeks ago I felt like I'm gonna snap, I switched him exclusively to soy formula and he's a different baby!!!! We saw a difference within a day. He's bh happy, bh mostly sleeping through the night! No more non stop crying! I guess that he's sensitive to dairy. Doctors like to blame everything on colic because it's an easy answer. I saw that my baby was in pain, I knew it's probably not colic. His cries were hysterical.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:30 am
Yup.
Turns out hes allergic to a bunch of stuff. I have to shrink down my diet. I cant give him formula because he's allergic.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:34 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Yup.
Turns out hes allergic to a bunch of stuff. I have to shrink down my diet. I cant give him formula because he's allergic.

Same.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:34 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Yup.

What is he allergic to in the formula? There's hypoallergenic formula & neocate that's supposed to be good for highly allergic babies.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 12:01 pm
My baby is already on a hypoallergenic formula.

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 8:34 pm
It’s was reflux for my baby. But until that was sorted it I was promised it’s colic and nothing more.

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 9:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby is already on a hypoallergenic formula.

Which one? Some of them cause major reflux in our experience (neocate). We found elecare more gentle although still was not tolerated well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics