Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Where do you go in Europe?

SleepingBeauty

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 8:47 am
Wanna vacation in Europe, somewhere nice and fun. Where did you go?

baba

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 9:41 am
Maybe if you can be more specific, we can be of more help. Europe is big and every country is different. What are you looking for and more importantly when (what time of year).

SleepingBeauty

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 9:52 am
I'm really not particular as to where, so long that I know it's relaxing and still fun. We wanna go like the beginning of April.

ss321

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 7:46 pm
I think Italy is gorgeous, fun, lots of food, tons of stuff to do, and april is a good time of yr for s. europe b/c its alreayd a bit warm but whoever you speak to will tell you s/t else.
Greece is also quite nice that x of yr
I wouldnt recommend England, didnt like it at all,
Paris is romantic beautiful and lots of good food too. If youre into art and shopping then paris is wonderful (so is italy though....with milan....rome....major major shopping capitals)
Spain was cool, but once was enough
Dunno much about eastern europe, my husband went in Yeshiva, like to Hungary, Poland, Czech republic, Id love to go to see the camps one day.
Europe is gigantic though. can you give a few "choices"?
its like saying we like america. where should we go in america? well there are 50 states...close your eyes....choose one...

MahPitom

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 7:56 pm
What's your budget? I plan vacations for people for a hobby. Isn't it fun > With their money?

amother

Post Fri, Jan 18 2008, 8:26 am
My husband and I spent a week in Greece: Four or five days on the island of Paros which was just beautiful and fantastic. There are isolated beaches there! We rented a scooter and drove around the island finding all sorts of isolated beaches, a wonderful outdoor market and great scenery everywhere. You can walk around at night: It's not a wild party town but there are always enough people strolling, dining and shopping to make it a fun environment.

We stayed at the Kalypso which has tiny kitchens in their units so you can shop and cook your own food. We brought alot of our milchig/parve food, a frying pan, sauce pan and utensils with us (always a pain, but there are no kosher restaurants). Also no minyanim.

For Shabbos, we went to Athens and stayed in the hotel across the street from the shul. That hotel has regular keys and no electronic door. We made arrangements to have our Shabbos meals with the erlicha Lubavitcher shaliach there, Rabbi Mendel Hendel and met some very interesting people at his wife's Shabbos table.

Everything was arranged via websites and email!

We want to go back because we've never found a vacation spot that we liked as much. The island Greeks are generall very friendly.

trafficgal

Post Fri, Jan 18 2008, 8:52 am
We went to england and Scotland!!

England b/c we have family there but Scotland was BEAUTIFUL!! We rented a car and drove it from one end to another staying at different bed & breakfasts (not eating ;-) no we got food we bought in england be4 we left we even made a bbq one night!

Had a ball!!

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Jan 18 2008, 9:10 am
Both Scotland and Wales are beautiful. The good thing is that the UK is not massive and to get from one part of the UK to other does not take a really long time. Everywhere is in driving distance unlike the US. The Lake District is also beautiful.

mimivan

Post Sat, Jan 19 2008, 3:20 pm
ss321 wrote:
I think Italy is gorgeous, fun, lots of food, tons of stuff to do, and april is a good time of yr for s. europe b/c its alreayd a bit warm but whoever you speak to will tell you s/t else.
Greece is also quite nice that x of yr
I wouldnt recommend England, didnt like it at all,
Paris is romantic beautiful and lots of good food too. If youre into art and shopping then paris is wonderful (so is italy though....with milan....rome....major major shopping capitals)
Spain was cool, but once was enough
Dunno much about eastern europe, my husband went in Yeshiva, like to Hungary, Poland, Czech republic, Id love to go to see the camps one day.
Europe is gigantic though. can you give a few "choices"?
its like saying we like america. where should we go in america? well there are 50 states...close your eyes....choose one...

If you are going to Italy, Venice is beautiful and fun...there is a huge kosher restaurant there (chabad shechita)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics