Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Basketball player's death
Previous  1  2  3  4

singleagain

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:08 pm
Cheiny wrote:
So you think his family is on IMAMOTHER?

I was just pointing out that this thread is public to someone who thought it was not.

Jeanette

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:40 pm
Quote:
I can't begin to imagine what his wife and family are going through right now losing their husband/father and daughter/sister. Same for the survivors of the other family who lost both parents and a sister. This is awful all around

This.

This would be an immense tragedy even if he weren't famous. It would for sure be all over the news.

I remember when 7 children died in the house fire and people at work were coming up to me to tell me how sorry they were even though I didn't know them. There's something about the sudden tragic death of young people that moves everyone. The fact that he was famous only compounds the sense of loss.

Athletes die every day of old age and don't get nearly this much attention.

Mevater

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:51 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Ah, if only people here were willing to give the same benefit of the doubt to justice kavanaugh. Hi

I love this!

I know nothing about the political persuasion of the person who you replied to, but yes, fairness is always good.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 1:57 am
Why all the media coverage? Let's see:

- Kobe Bryant was an amazing talent, setting all sorts of records.

- He had a long career. He played professionally for 20 years! That means millions and millions of people watched this guy play. He was an institution.

- He played his entire career for one team: the LA Lakers, so among his millions of fans were many associated with media and communication and Hollywood. This further amplified the publicity surrounding his death.

- He died young (41) and dramatically (helicopter crash)

- He had just retired recently.

-His father and uncle were also pro ball players.

- His teenaged daughter, also a basketball talent, died along with him.

- He had an amiable and outgoing personality, and came across as a decent and intelligent person. Many sports figures are arrogant and not much to listen to.

R&RMom

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 1:08 pm
I think that the key here is that it was sudden and tragic....Celebrity or not, I can only imagine that phone call to the poor wife/mother that lost a husband and daughter at the same time.

princessleah

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 5:09 pm
There were 7 other passengers on that helicopter with him and his daughter... and those deaths are tragic too and they aren't getting as much press. I understand why, but it must be terrible for the other families. They also lost husbands/fathers/children
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics