Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
OPWDD
Previous  1  2

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:25 am
People don’t think before they speak Sad
I’m sure your doing the best for your child.
And 7 is still young. You did have professionals look at your child at a younger age.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:38 am
Sometimes you can only really notice these type of things until the child grows & you see his interactions. Unless someone has a child with Similar needs of any kind they shouldn’t judge because they really don’t know what it’s like!

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:53 am
I am working on OPWDD now. My child has straight medicaid and Empire BCBS (ppo/epo). Since we qualify for medicaid, my husbands employer gets a reimbursed monthly for almost the full amount of insurance from medicaid. DH and kids are all on the Empire plan. I had a woman help me set this up. Best of both worlds... ABA and OPWDD.
At this point, once you get thru process (which takes a looooong time) you might consider self-direction too.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:59 am
The business is paying for the blue cross plan? Just trying to figure out how I can do it in a cheaper way.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:06 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
The business is paying for the blue cross plan? Just trying to figure out how I can do it in a cheaper way.

The business is paying for it and getting reimburse thru medicaid. (short with $95 out of around $1700). The plan needs to comply with medicaid. So very minimal out of pocket. Its not a great plan for out of network drs. Works for me as I use a lot out of state doctors. Then copay doesnt get paid by medicaid. If its in-state, medicaid is secondary insurance which covers the copay.
I paid someone to guide me thru process as I wouldn't know on my own which plans are good etc.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)