Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Trying to conceive same month as T dap flu shot

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:16 am
Is it bad? Were you told anything about if it could be dangerous to get pregnant the same month as T dap flu shot?

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:22 am
I would wait to give it a chance to get the toxicity out. Is it going to be terrible to wait another month? As much as we say its safe, the development of a fetus is an EXTREMELY delicate process, and you want it to be as safe as possible. There is no denying that a bunch of toxic chemicals were just put into your bloodstream.
I mean, I wouldn't get the shot in the first place, but that's not what you want to hear.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:27 am
I get the tdap and flu shot every pregnancy while pregnant.

agreer

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 1:19 am
Ask your doctor!

teachkids

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 6:01 am
Considering that they’re both safe for during pregnancy I wouldn’t be too concerned. You need to wait after the ones like mmr that contain diseases that are dangerous to a fetus.

meme6

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:44 am
They are fine to take when ttc.

lavenderchimes

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:56 am
It's fine.

[url=
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/p.....l]CDC - TDaP[/url]

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 8:04 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I would wait to give it a chance to get the toxicity out. Is it going to be terrible to wait another month? As much as we say its safe, the development of a fetus is an EXTREMELY delicate process, and you want it to be as safe as possible. There is no denying that a bunch of toxic chemicals were just put into your bloodstream.
I mean, I wouldn't get the shot in the first place, but that's not what you want to hear.

Thur first line gave away the fact that your an anti vaxxer

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:28 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

Lol so now we're pretending there's no toxicity at all in vaccines? And only anti vaxxers believe that conspiracy?
I'll never understand this site's hatred of anti vaxxers.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:36 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

I am vaccinated. However, my potential fetus and fetus during pregnancy are very delicate and it's an important time to be cautious. Period of conception is even more delicate than pregnancy. For the slight chance that the makeup of the vaccine can harm my potential fetus, I'll wait a month to get it out of my system.
You do know that the manufacturers of the vaccine print a list of side effects, and that vaccination during pregnancy is a pretty new phenomena which hasn't been studied conclusively yet, don't you?
I am also extra cautious with diet during pregnancy. It very hard, especially with all the cravings pregnant women have, but this is a gift I give my child for life. Yes, the time in the womb is extremely important and can impact the child for a lifetime.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:38 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I am vaccinated. However, my potential fetus and fetus during pregnancy are very delicate and it's an important time to be cautious. Period of conception is even more delicate than pregnancy. For the slight chance that the makeup of the vaccine can harm my potential fetus, I'll wait a month to get it out of my system.
You do know that the manufacturers of the vaccine print a list of side effects, and that vaccination during pregnancy is a pretty new phenomena which hasn't been studied conclusively yet, don't you?
I am also extra cautious with diet during pregnancy. It very hard, especially with all the cravings pregnant women have, but this is a gift I give my child for life. Yes, the time in the womb is extremely important and can impact the child for a lifetime.

None of the vaccines given in pregnancy have been safety-tested on pregnant women. It says it right there on the vaccine insert.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:40 am
I got a tetanus shot very early on in my pregnancy (when I didn’t even know yet), and then the tdap again during my 9th month. I never got the flu shot but it is safe to get during pregnancy as well (only the injection though, the nasal one is not)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:57 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Lol so now we're pretending there's no toxicity at all in vaccines? And only anti vaxxers believe that conspiracy?
I'll never understand this site's hatred of anti vaxxers.

Don't make it about this site.

The "hatred" you say you witness on this site is simply a representative of how the world at large feels about anti-vaxxers. Both on and off this site.

"Toxicity" as you know is a very open-ended and loosely defined term. Hard to prove and hard to disprove. Therefore perfect to use to promote your agenda. Can you share which specific ingredients in shots are "toxic"?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 10:00 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I got a tetanus shot very early on in my pregnancy (when I didn’t even know yet), and then the tdap again during my 9th month. I never got the flu shot but it is safe to get during pregnancy as well (only the injection though, the nasal one is not)

Can you post a study as proof that flu shot is safe during pregnancy? I know the doctor says it is, but I would like to see a safety study.

This is copied from the 2019-2020 flu vaccine insert:
Quote:
Pregnancy
Exposure Registry
Sanofi Pasteur Inc. is maintaining a prospective pregnancy exposure registry to collect data on
pregnancy outcomes following vaccination with Fluzone Quadrivalent during pregnancy.
Healthcare providers are encouraged to enroll women who receive Fluzone Quadrivalent during
pregnancy in Sanofi Pasteur Inc.'s vaccination pregnancy registry by calling 1-800-822-2463.
Risk Summary
All pregnancies have a risk of birth defect, loss, or other adverse outcomes. In the U.S. general
population, the estimated background risk of major birth defects and miscarriage in clinically
recognized pregnancies is 2% to 4% and 15% to 20%, respectively.
Available data with Fluzone Quadrivalent use in pregnant women are insufficient to inform
vaccine-associated risk of adverse developmental outcomes

https://www.fda.gov/media/119856/download

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 10:21 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Don't make it about this site.

The "hatred" you say you witness on this site is simply a representative of how the world at large feels about anti-vaxxers. Both on and off this site.

"Toxicity" as you know is a very open-ended and loosely defined term. Hard to prove and hard to disprove. Therefore perfect to use to promote your agenda. Can you share which specific ingredients in shots are "toxic"?
Formaldehyde for one example. You can Google it yourself to see its safety-toxicity.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:13 pm
If you get pregnant they'll want you to take another DTap.
Wondering when we'll see the fallout of women getting the shot 6- 8 times ( in addition to their childhood regimen) or more (typical Orthodox family).

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:21 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Formaldehyde for one example. You can Google it yourself to see its safety-toxicity.

What is the problem?

The highest amount of formaldehyde present in any vaccine is . 02 mg per dose. An average two-month-old baby would have around 1.1 mg of formaldehyde circulating in their body, with higher naturally-occurring amounts for older children.

Eta: dtap has .005 - .01 mg

Formaldehyde is essential in human metabolism and is required for the synthesis of DNA and amino acids (the building blocks of protein). Therefore, all humans have detectable quantities of natural formaldehyde in their circulation (about 2.5 ug of formaldehyde per ml of blood). Assuming an average weight of a 2-month-old of 5 kg and an average blood volume of 85 ml per kg, the total quantity of formaldehyde found in an infant's circulation would be about 1.1 mg, a value about 1,500 times more than the amount an infant would be exposed to in any individual vaccine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics