Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Royal Caribbean cruise ran out of Kosher meals Day 1

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:47 am
Royal Caribbean cruise advertised that they would offer frozen Kosher meals to customers upon request. Recently, 300 Kosher consumers on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship out of Miami, Florida embarked on a 5-day cruise. On the very first day, there were not enough Kosher meals for all 300 guests. Treif food was served on aluminum foil and staff told all the guests that the food was Kosher. At the first port stop, one guest bought new pots for the ship and then Kashered the entire kitchen. Throughout the 5-day journey, the guests took turns supervising the kitchen.

The good news is that the guests did not have to eat frozen airline meals.

Update:
I just saw on FaceBook that Royal Caribbean is now offering fresh Kosher meals on Allure of the Seas. I guess they are improving their service due to popular demand.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 1:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Update:
I just saw on FaceBook that Royal Caribbean is now offering fresh Kosher meals on Allure of the Seas. I guess they are improving their service due to popular demand.

Did they hire the passenger who bought those pots as their kosher chef? Smile

Seriously though, if they deceived passengers about kashrut, why would anybody trust them?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 1:44 am
I searched for an article or a reference to a Royal Caribbean cruise running out of kosher food and couldn't find anything. Will you please post a link? Thanks.

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 5:47 am
I find it hard to believe that someone kashered the entire kitchen. U know how much work that is? Also, im sure u cant just buy industrial size pots at a port spot

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 5:53 am
Salads for everyone!

I don't know why anyone would pay so much money for a cruise, and then eat packaged frozen food. Ewwww. There must be kosher cruise ships that have proper kitchens to make fresh food. It would cost a bit more, but I think it would be totally worth it.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 6:58 am
Can’t help but wonder if OP works for Kosherica. My FB feed is full of people raving about the kosher food service on the Royal Caribbean cruises over yeshiva week - for a fraction of the price of Kosherica cruises.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:16 am
There was a similar post 3 years around yeshiva week.
So maybe it’s just a rumor that happens yearly.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:17 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Salads for everyone!

I don't know why anyone would pay so much money for a cruise, and then eat packaged frozen food. Ewwww. There must be kosher cruise ships that have proper kitchens to make fresh food. It would cost a bit more, but I think it would be totally worth it.

I think royal Caribbean over yeshiva week had a kosher food cruise with buffet service for a per person daily fee.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 8:51 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Salads for everyone!

I couldn't disagree more.
It doesn't cost "a bit more" it costs double or triple more. Going on a kosher cruise is not on my foreseeable budget for the next 10 years. A royal carribean cruise? I've already been on it. It was wonderful! & I didn't eat prepackaged food... We had food we brought with us and fresh fruit and some ou-d products and other kosher products they have us. (Sealed Lox etc)

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:08 am
I don't know where you heard this nonsense but it sounds like a bad case of broken telephone. Royal Caribbean generally offers fresh kosher food from Miami on yeshiva week. Also, no Cruise line will let passengers just take over a kitchen. Lol. And as a PSA for anyone getting heated frozen kosher meals, if the package isn't sealed when you are served the food, you can not assume it's kosher.

elisheva25

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:16 am
Wow if that’s true , that sounds crazy !
I know many saw posts of cruises having amazing Food ..
So this was a different line ?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:19 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Salads for everyone!

Royal Caribbean cruise isn't that expensive at all. The kosher cruises aren't a "bit" more expensive, they're much much more expensive. 5 times the price if not more.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:21 am
elisheva25 wrote:
Wow if that’s true , that sounds crazy !
I know many saw posts of cruises having amazing Food ..
So this was a different line ?

It is not true.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:44 am
I have been on this cruise line for over ten years and sometimes they do run out of certain meals
the frozen food is not that great anyway

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:53 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I have been on this cruise line for over ten years and sometimes they do run out of certain meals
the frozen food is not that great anyway

It's airline meals and whoever goes knows that the food is not the greatest.

aliavi

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 10:31 am
We went yeshiva week 2019. We did not go this year. Some choices they ran out of but there was plenty of food. Most of the breakfast options are kosher cholov stam. They were very accommodating. Not a single family was upset. The food was warmed and served properly sealed. They sent the chef on the first day out to the kosher family tables.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics