Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Camp Bais Yaakov (catskills)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 5:01 pm
What is the general crowd there like? I know its yeshvish but how yeshivish? We are oot yeshivish. My husband is in klai kodesh but I will allow my kids to watch a disney movie from time to time. Also, my kids are not into name brands at all. Is it a brand name crowd or more simple? Also, does it have a more "nerdy" name compared to other camps?

1ofbillions

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 5:20 pm
Sounds like it would be a good match for you. CBY does not attract a brand name crowd at all. It may have a more nerdy name than other camps, but that’s not something to base this decision on IMO.

You can search for old threads on the topic of CBY - there are many with quite a bit of information.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 5:35 pm
Sounds like a perfect match. Honestly that camp is underrated ♡♡ love the beautiful camp grounds and the vibe...I miss it

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 8:13 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Sounds like a perfect match. Honestly that camp is underrated ♡♡ love the beautiful camp grounds and the vibe...I miss it

This.

I went for 7 years and had the most positive, happy summers. Everything about my experience was just so HEALTHY.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:58 pm
I will echo what the other posters said - I just can't resist when I hear about my machane!
Very normal, healthy, nice atmosphere. Many types of girls from all different places and levels of yiddishkiet. There are many oot girls, and the camp does not have an "in-town" snobby atmosphere.
You are accepted for who you are, and this attitude comes from the staff members. And did I mention staff? Awesome staff with tons of experience. I could go on and on...

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 1:40 am
Bumping - I see people here who went when they were kids, but what about people currently sending kids? What is it like now?

What is the cost for a month and when do you need to apply?

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 1:20 pm
I was there just a few years ago. It sounds exactly up your ally! A lot of oot girls, super nice and homey. Just normal, good old fashioned fun.
Most of the girls are yeshivish, but since so many are oot, it's not the "in town yeshivish" crowd. There are girls there who have attended co-ed schools or may watch movies at home, but they are still solid and frum and awesome.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 1:55 pm
It's a yeshivish BY mix. It's about 2500 a month.
My DD loves it.

BTW some say 2nd half is more chilled than first half.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics