Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Dropshipping

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 10:13 am
Hi
Does anyone dropship items on Amazon, eBay or other platforms and wouldn't mind sharing their experiences?
Thank you

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 10:34 am
Paul Lipsky has a paid course but before that he has a free preview course and some youtube videos so you can learn about ebay rules and how they work with stealth accounts, etc. Good stuff to help you decide whether it's for you. https://www.dropshippingtitans.com/

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 10:37 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
Paul Lipsky has a paid course but before that he has a free preview course and some youtube videos so you can learn about ebay rules and how they work with stealth accounts, etc. Good stuff to help you decide whether it's for you. https://www.dropshippingtitans.com/

I was just watching that.
Did you or someone you know benefit from his course?
There are so many people out there looking to "teach" that I never know who to trust.
Thank you so much

small bean

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 10:40 am
It is very hard to drop ship and make money today. The companies who give access to drop ship, give it to many people, the prices aren't great as you're not taking risk.

You will be competing with other dropshippers, gray goods, and real wholesalers.

The opportunity to make real money this way is very difficult today.

If you have selling experience, better to find someone who would want you to move their products for a commission or someone who has goods and is looking for someone to move it without paying upfront for the goods.

bouncy

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:57 am
Selling on Amazon for 5+ years. I do a lot of dropshipping. I'm more busy with my drop shipping sales, but it's ok because I make good $. Go into private label, there is a lot of potential.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:05 pm
bouncy wrote:
Selling on Amazon for 5+ years. I do a lot of dropshipping. I'm more busy with my drop shipping sales, but it's ok because I make good $. Go into private label, there is a lot of potential.

Whats private label?(really new to this)

BHyomyom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:06 pm
@bouncy
How did you learn how to do this? I just ordered inventory from China of something I customized. It took me three years to get it off the ground... did you figure it out yourself? I’ve been watching good life warrior’s you tube channel. She has a lot of good tips. Would love to know how you learned how to private label?

BHyomyom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:10 pm
Private labeling is producing something under your own brand so you have your own image for marketing purposes. If you just order the same products that are available to all the people who are also selling amazon FBA then the only advantage you can offer is a lower price. Ultimately Amazon will win that because of their size and you won’t make as much profit. So if you customize something a little - change its size, shape, material a little that improves the product and put your label on it it’s called private labeling.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:13 pm
Sounds like huge investment.
I don't have that kind of money

BHyomyom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:20 pm
Not initially. I invested $300 to start and then used the profits to buy more inventory. You just have to be creative and be able to negotiate with factories in China for the best price per unit and to lower the MOQs (minimum order quantities).

bouncy

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:43 pm
Amazon is not easy work! B"h very successful. But I do not recommend ppl to go into it:)
Unless you really want to.
I learned about Amazon by doing it. I never took any courses, however, did watch videos and spoke to ppl.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:45 pm
I need to do something for myself. Not working for others....
Do you have to travel to do the branding?
Is it ok if I pm you?

BHyomyom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 1:08 pm
You don’t have to travel and you can ultimately automate your e-commerce store so you don’t have to go to the post office. If you’re doing something simple you can source straight from Alibaba but if it’s at all complicated you should hire an agent who will inspect the factory for you. You’re welcome to PM me but I’m just learning a lot of this myself. Listen to the My Wife Quit Her Day Job podcast. And the Goodlife Sourcing Warrior. Learn as much as you can - the lingo, traps, etc and then go slow. There are no get rich quick methods. It’s a lot of work and determination but you can become successful if you stick to it. Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 1:10 pm
Thank you so much
I will pm you

BHyomyom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 1:14 pm
bouncy wrote:
Amazon is not easy work! B"h very successful. But I do not recommend ppl to go into it:)
Unless you really want to.

That’s so great! I’m curious why you don’t advise people go into it. Are you using FBA? What do you sell?
Lots of hatzlacha and thanks for sharing!

2gether

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 2:59 pm
Does that mean all amazoners have a separate e-commerce website or they work thru amazon?

BHyomyom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:09 pm
Not all do but if you start a store you’ll be more successful probably if you have a website and use it to post your affiliate link to your amazon store. And then use SEO to drive business to your amazon product.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 9:54 pm
I have heard from top sellers that their goal is to stop selling on Amazon. Some dropped Amazon completely and some are in the process. They say private label is no longer a good choice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers