Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Props for newborn photoshoot OR affordable photographer Lkwd

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 10:28 am
Looking for links to props (teddy bear, blanket, hat, headband if it's a girl) for newborn photoshoot to be done at Jc Penney

Or

A suggestion for a talented but affordable newborn photographer in Lakewood.

Simple1

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 10:52 am
I don't think the two are interchangeble. Props are not what makes the pictures professional.

Blankets look best in solid white color with a nice texture. White is always nice, or neutral. Try it against baby's skin to see if it goes with her color.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 10:57 am
Simple1 wrote:
I don't think the two are interchangeble. Props are not what makes the pictures professional.

Blankets look best in solid white color with a nice texture. White is always nice, or neutral. Try it against baby's skin to see if it goes with her color.

I'm going to either spend on props and use Jc Penney, or I'll just spend on a photographer who has these props.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 10:59 am
You can find beautiful blankets and sometimes cute knit sets in TJ Max or Home Goods. You might luck out and find a wicker basket as well.

Simple1

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm going to either spend on props and use Jc Penney, or I'll just spend on a photographer who has these props.

I see. Just be sure to ask about their props. Especially if they're "affordable." Not all photographers are into props.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:01 am
tigerwife wrote:
You can find beautiful blankets and sometimes cute knit sets in TJ Max or Home Goods. You might luck out and find a wicker basket as well.

Thanks!

gamanit

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:02 am
I made a deal with a student photographer; I purchased the props which she got to keep in exchange for taking the pictures.

Simple1

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:10 am
Also, for a girl you can use flowers from Michael's.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:15 am
Simple1 wrote:
I see. Just be sure to ask about their props. Especially if they're "affordable." Not all photographers are into props.

Jcpenney has basic wraps, teddy bears, hats and headbands. They aren't going to give you hours to get the typical newborn photo look

It's not props that make the photos. It's the hours of posing and editing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:38 am
Sebastian wrote:
Jcpenney has basic wraps, teddy bears, hats and headbands. They aren't going to give you hours to get the typical newborn photo look

It's not props that make the photos. It's the hours of posing and editing.

I've done it before with one baby and it didn't take hours and hours. It took max an hour and a half in my home (and that was with the photographer coming and setting up etc). But it was expensive so not sure I'd do that again.

I've done many photos (not newborn because I don't love the thought of taking a newborn to the mall) in JC Penney and they look amazing, I get compliments on them all the time.
Simplicity is key. I'm not looking for anything fancy or complicated , all I want is to capture the sweet innocence of the baby Smile

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:58 am
JC penny should have their own props they use when taking photos
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics