Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Rav for medical/halachic question

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:04 pm
ISO Rav who can pasken a serious medically related question. Non TH.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:05 pm
Rabbi Shmuel Furst in Chicago is known for this.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 3:03 pm
Really depends what for. We had a life and death shaila and doing further testing and was recommended a rav in Brooklyn who deals with this (forgot his name). He was abrupt and unsympathetic. For the follow up we went to a local rav of a large community whom my husband knew. He didn't know the answer but consulted with doctors in the field and a rav who is knowledgeable in the area. Then he gave us a psak.
Bottom line, find a rav you feel comfortable with, and if they are a good rav and they don't know the answer, they will either find out or give you a number to contact.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 3:11 pm
Rav Asher Weiss

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 3:18 pm
Rabbi Moshe Kletenic in Seattle. I'm not a fan of his personality, but he is brilliant and is an expert in medical halacha. Just don't expect bedside manners.

In NY, Rabbi Hillel David. I haven't met him personally, but I used to learn in the kollel that his son manages. His son sends all of the big shailas to his father. I was very happy with how well researched my answer was, and how many other rabbis they consulted to get me my psak.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:14 am
Rabbi Bleich

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:25 am
Reb Dovid Feinstein
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions