Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
The Deal of The Century

Marathon

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 2:03 pm
Can someone explain the deal for me in plain simple english? And does anyone think that its possible to gain peace in the region? I personally dont.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 2:04 pm
The other side does not want peace, ever. Not under any conditions except full and total control, Judenrein.

etky

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 3:04 pm
From what I have heard and read tonight, this basically allows Israel to immediately and unilaterally declare sovereignty and apply Israeli law to the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria and over the Jordan River Vallley with US backing and recognition of this move.
If the Palestinians are interested, they can achieve statehood over about 70% of the territory of the West Bank (including contiguity with Gaza via a tunnel through the northern Negev) by adhering to the stipulations of the deal. This includes, among other things, the renunciation of terror and the recognition of Israel as a Jewish state. The Palestinian state will be demilitarized and the 'right to return' will not be upheld.
This in a very brief and unexhaustive nutshell.

etky

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 3:16 pm
Regarding the question of peace - no I don't think this will bring peace in the near future but that is kind of beside the point. It creates new facts on the ground and improves Israel's opening position in any future negotiations that may transpire at some point. Especially if the plan enjoys wide international backing, also in the moderate Arab states. And maybe a miracle will happen and the Palestinians will actually decide they want to pursue the options outlined in the deal, if not right now then once Abu Mazen is no longer in the picture.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics