Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
GREAT Very Low Fat Oatmeal Cookies
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

momto7

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 1:22 pm
mmmmmmmmoumm...............my mouth's watering. gotta run buy ingredients for oatmeal cookies. see ya all...............

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 4:06 pm
Thanks Chossidmom. These cooies are fabulous. I just made them (I added raisins) and wish I would have doubled the recipe, they're almost all gone and dh isn't even home yet.
Thanks for sharing!

Boys"R"Us

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 7:15 pm
I had in my pantry something called "Splenda-brown sugar mix"! It is a mixture of half of each. I bought it awhile ago, cause I thought it sounded like a cool thing to use, but I never did use it!!

It is perfect for this recipe :-)

I am almost finished making up a double batch - I can't wait to try them LOL

~Debbie

pappymom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:59 am
Anyone tried this recipe with whole wheat flour?

hila

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:58 am
Yes.
I used 70% flour - they were yummy
All gone and I made a double batch for last weekend (shabbat sheva brachot)
I added raisins and chocchips too

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 12:00 pm
so you use 1/2 reg. sugar instead of 1/2 splenda, right?

Lani22

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 12:07 pm
yum I made these last night- super delicious

drumjj

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 12:20 pm
for someone who has no idea how to substitue things nad I cant buy applesauce that is kosher where I live and I dont know if u can get it non hecshered how much oil should I put in instead of the applesauce. the kids would prob have fun making these?

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 12:23 pm
Another option is making your own applesauce. - just peel and cut up apples and put in a pot with a little water and cook. It's much better than store bought anyway.

As for oil, I would think it would be the same amt. as used for applesauce.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 1:39 pm
Can't you also used mashed banana's or pureed pumpkin as a substitute for oil?

It's easy to mash bananas. If you're subbing all oil for the applesauce, it kind of defeats the purpose of the healthy substitutes.

citygirl

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 1:44 pm
I made the recipe as a cake, smoothed it down thinly-sort of bars that way I feel like I'm getting a piece of cake. For some reason with cookies I keep on taking just one more and with a piece of cake I'm usually satisfied.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Sep 19 2008, 3:35 pm
My cookies are in the oven now! I added raisins to them. The dough tasted good.

ETA: They're finished (or done, can't remember which is correct) and they're delicious!

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Sep 19 2008, 4:03 pm
Ok, they were fabulous!!!

Some I added oatmeal, some I added choc chips. yum!

red sea

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 9:43 pm
ChossidMom wrote:

BTW I hate chocolate chips in my oatmeal cookies!!! Oatmeal goes with cinnamon and apples only in my book!

stated from the land that thinks chocolate goes with bread Tongue Out I will iy"h be trying out your recipe this week with spelt flour and either raisins or chocolate chips, I am still undecided - I will know which by the time they are baked, 8)

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 3:36 am
Red Sea - did you know that there is another land like this? When I was in Holland I discovered that they put butter adn chocolate sprinkles on their bread. YUMMMMMMMM.

And my Israeli sister in law gets her kids to eat bread by folding a slice of bread over and sticking chocolate chips into the "sandwich". It works.

gamekeeper

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 12:36 pm
I make these choc chip cookies and they are really good

2 cups oats
2 cups flour
2 cups choc chips
1 cup marge (or oil or apple sauce- the oil makes them too crisp the apple sauce very soft)
3/4 cup brown sugar (ive used splenda and it works)
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bi carbonate of soda

cream eggs, sugar and marge(or replacement) add dry ingredients mix
bake for 15 mins on 180C

I have made for my mom and friend on diet these with splenda and home made apple sauce- they werent great but they are def better than nothing! also bec they become soft a nice idea is to freeze them- if you like it that way- and take them out as you want them- my friend eats them frozen so they are 'crispyish' its a nice summer treat

msym

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 12:43 pm
anyone try to make the recipe without using eggs?

red sea

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 10:26 pm
Made em, they have been approved and I made them plain w/o raisins or choc chips.

Bambamama

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 8:57 am
My kids liked these, thanks ChossidMom. I added raisins, and I halved both the regular and brown sugar (and still felt that it was too much sugar - anyone else feel this way?)

(The best part is since I hate raisins in my food, I have no tayva for them!)

mom2bsn

Post Fri, Nov 07 2008, 8:45 am
yummmmmmmmmm!! I dont know if I should thank you or be upset at you for posting the recipe!! I made them for Shabbos and they are soo good I have not stopped eating them!! I stuck them in the freezer so I wouldnt eat them but that didnt stop me either!! I keep thinking that they are low fat so its fine. yuummmmyy!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cheers
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins