Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Did you do everything alone for youre wedding ?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:26 pm
my sister bought the fake flowers for the tables for the wedding and set up her wedding including the flowers when you walk down the aisle the day of her wedding

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:24 pm
Do you mean “do it alone” as in pay for it? Or as in plan it and decide menus and music and sign contracts with caterers and photographers? or as in bake the cake, cook the food, sew the gown, do the makeup, set the tables, etc. ?

My bff catered her ds bar mitzvah, designed the invitations, printed them at Staples, drew the picture for the bencher cover and printed those at Staples, and bought and arranged the flowers. I don’t remember if she hired waiters but she was also serving, at least dessert, and she made a speech. She suffers from an excess of energy.

My coworker made her own wedding with the help of her many sisters and cousins who helped cook, decorate and set up. It was, by our standards, a very small and simple affair. 50 guests total, no smorg, recorded music (a brother acted as deejay), food served buffet style and photos taken by talented friends.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:36 pm
yes I meant do it alone

finprof

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:38 pm
DH planned the whole thing! I bought a dress and showed up Smile

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:46 pm
I planned my entire wedding myself , signed every contract myself, and DH and I paid for the whole thing. But I didnt set anything up.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:49 pm
my dh hired the band
my mother knew the photographer and we picked out a simple invitation together
my mother in law made a huge aufruf with an invitation and didnt ask me if I wanted one
it was a sit down meal for the whole shul
I would have rathered not to have one and she would pay for some of the wedding instead of my father to pay for all her friends and family at the wedding

simba

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:51 pm
No. BH my parents took care of it for me. They paid for and threw the party. They hired a party planner to help them.

They asked for my preferences and opinions but not my help on the job.

I didn’t realize I should be grateful.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:52 pm
No. Normally that shouldn't happen. A kallah should be taken care of.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:54 pm
my daughter's friend just got married she didnt want her parents invovled in the wedding the only thing her mother did was help pick out her boquet of flowers her parents paid for the wedding

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 9:06 pm
My mother gave me a budget and said you do the planning, get what you want, just tell me when and where to show up. So I did and everyone was happy. The caterer did make me bring my mother to sign the contract even though I was an adult with a steady job.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics