Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me:)
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 4:35 pm
Hi all!
I BH gave birth a few months ago and I’m twenty five pounds more than I was starting out. I would love love love to lose some weight. Additionally, I recently gained a couple of more pounds just from unhealthy eating.
I have really bad eating habits- I love and crave junk all the time. Think cookies, snacks, choc, etc. I’m a stay at home mom, which makes it worse since I’m always around. I’m also dealing with a lot baby wise so I tend to want comfort food to snack on instead of healthy things. I honestly don’t get full from vegi’s etc so those don’t help me...
I would only go to a Jewish exercise class or gym and there aren’t any around me. It’s extremely hard for me to self motivate myself to exercise at home using just a yoga mat.
That being said...
Please help me!! If you’ve been in my situation and have ideas THAT WORK like healthy but yummy recipes, etc.
Thank you:)

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 4:43 pm
Hi OP.

I’m at the same stage postpartum that you are. First of all, I’m seeing a nutritionist. That teaches me how much I need to eat in order to maintain my milk. Second I make sure that the food I eat tastes good. Not bland diet stuff. This way I feel like diet is a treat. Third I partnered with a friend - we each text any time we eat which keeps both of us on track. Fourth I weigh myself often so that I see the loss and that motivates me

Good luck!

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 4:54 pm
Are you nursing? On hormonal BC? Those are two very possible gigantic factors.

Try blogilates videos on YouTube!
And get rid of your snacks. Replace them with fruit instead.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 4:56 pm
I am not nursing. I was earlier one but not now.
I’m on the combo pill (Portia) does that make a diffference?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:31 pm
I could have written this. I’m 4 months pp. tried so many diets already. Even saw a nutritionist. I just can’t stick to a plan!!! Help!!! I’m 30 lb overweight!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:33 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Hi OP.

...Third I partnered with a friend - we each text any time we eat which keeps both of us on track.

Anyone wanna partner up w me? Only if your serious

hodeez

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:35 pm
Intermittent fasting helped me when I was last postpartum. I got to work running on coffee until 12. Then had a banana. Then portioned out a kind bar, eating a piece when I felt hungry. Then I had oatmeal and fruits throughout the day. Also drank a lot of water. Ate a salad or fish or chicken for dinner and didn't nosh after 7. I felt great and was down to my lowest weight ever. Hope to do the same this postpartum iyh.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:50 pm
In the same boat here. 3.5 months pp, extra 20-25 pounds. Honestly, after my other babies I was more motivated to lose the extra baby weight, plus I pretty much went straight back to work which helped (not being around food all the time, and meal prepping healthy stuff). This time I’m still home with my baby. I’m kinda tempted by the idea to pair up=accountability. I Don’t really care so much for losing the weight right now tho, more for eating healthy and getting into shape/feeling more energized (and hopefully lose weight as a result).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:53 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
In the same boat here. 3.5 months pp, extra 20-25 pounds. Honestly, after my other babies I was more motivated to lose the extra baby weight, plus I pretty much went straight back to work which helped (not being around food all the time, and meal prepping healthy stuff). This time I’m still home with my baby. I’m kinda tempted by the idea to pair up=accountability. I Don’t really care so much for losing the weight right now tho, more for eating healthy and getting into shape/feeling more energized (and hopefully lose weight as a result).

Eating right and exercising should hopefully lead to weight loss. Let me know if you want to partner up.. we can’t have different goals but essentially we’re going to be doing the same thing.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 6:14 pm
hodeez wrote:
Intermittent fasting helped me when I was last postpartum. I got to work running on coffee until 12. Then had a banana. Then portioned out a kind bar, eating a piece when I felt hungry. Then I had oatmeal and fruits throughout the day. Also drank a lot of water. Ate a salad or fish or chicken for dinner and didn't nosh after 7. I felt great and was down to my lowest weight ever. Hope to do the same this postpartum iyh.

U did this while nursing?

hodeez

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 6:35 pm
I was 4 months post when I started this intensive diet. Before that I was doing IF while nursing, making sure to drink a lot and eat lots of nuts. I stopped nursing bc I went back to working full time and baby had lots of allergies so formula made more sense.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 6:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Eating right and exercising should hopefully lead to weight loss. Let me know if you want to partner up.. we can’t have different goals but essentially we’re going to be doing the same thing.

Can I pm you even if posting anonymously?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 6:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I’m the one who wrote that... would be more than willing to partner with you as well. If you post an email address Or use your name I’ll message you

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:15 pm
Eating less salt will help you drop the water weight. Try low sodium for a week and see the results, works wonders!

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:17 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Eating less salt will help you drop the water weight. Try low sodium for a week and see the results, works wonders!

I’m not op but how much do you really think is water 3/4 months postpartum? 5 lbs? That’s not going to help much!
Since starting my diet, I lost close to 20 lbs. that’s not water

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:30 pm
I’m the one who wrote that... would be more than willing to partner with you as well. If you post an email address Or use your name I’ll message you

Can we partner up? I’ve been trying to lose weight forever. I can keep anonymous if u want to

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:30 pm
Im 10 weeks pp. Saw a nutritionist and she have me a whole plan. Turns out I have zero time to prep food. Breakfast and dinner are extremely minimal but lunch (late lunch after work around 230) is where majority of the days calories go. I make sure to sit down and have a bit salad and lots of water and it keeps me going the rest of the day. I put veggies, protein, starch, fats etc the whole 9 yards. Yummy and filling..lately im loving ready made chick peas so ill throw those in with chicken (dinner leftovers) and croutons... some veggies and lettuce and voila! Good stuff🤤

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:45 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Can we partner up? I’ve been trying to lose weight forever. I can keep anonymous if u want to

How would you propose to partner anonymously?
The friend I’m currently partnering with and I text each other each time we eat. This way we share ideas, as well as keep each other on track and motivate each other as well.
Also, I am extremely committed. Not sure if that makes a difference to you

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I’m down to commit

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:48 pm
How would you propose to partner anonymously?
The friend I’m currently partnering with and I text each other each time we eat. This way we share ideas, as well as keep each other on track and motivate each other as well.
Also, I am extremely committed. Not sure if that makes a difference to you

Sorry I thought I was messaging OP
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise