Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
ISO natural-minded midwife or even OB in NJ

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:59 pm
I'm looking for a midwife who is supportive of natural pregnancy and birth. It would be nice if it's someone who is also knowledgeable about alternative health and medicine but I won't ask for too much. I can be ok with and OB who is like this too, but I expect a midwife to more likely be this way. I'm in Lakewood but willing to travel a bit.

Anon bec I haven't told anyone yet that I'm pregnant.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:03 pm
Dr Clara Surowitz - shes also frum

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:56 pm
Dr surowitz or patty browns group

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 9:37 pm
I've heard mixed reviews about the other providers at Dr Surowitz's practice. Do either of you use them and know more info?
My sister had a terrible experience with Patty Brown's group, almost lost her baby at birth so that's a hard no for me. I know every practice has their stories but I just can't.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 10:34 pm
LOOOVE the midwives group 732 364 8000

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 10:50 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

Me too! The group has doctors too, so if you need a doctor, there is one available, but you can choose to only see midwives for appointments and have a midwife deliver you. They did two V-BACs for me (the c-section was with a different practice).

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 10:53 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

I'll second this. They are called Ocean Midwives/OGOA.

Katie is the best by far.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've heard mixed reviews about the other providers at Dr Surowitz's practice. Do either of you use them and know more info?
My sister had a terrible experience with Patty Brown's group, almost lost her baby at birth so that's a hard no for me. I know every practice has their stories but I just can't.

I never went anywhere else but I use Dr surowitz and Im very very happy - and Im into being health conscious

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 1:08 pm
Dr. Surowitz's group is just "natural minded" as any other OB-inductions, interventions etc. Patty Brown herself has a very strong personality and her group became a lot less flexible once they became a hospital affiliated group. Until then they were independent and just delivered there. I hate to rain on everybody's parade but the group that delivers in Community orders the same tests and sonograms as everybody else and some midwives (not to mention doctors-stick to Cuthbert at least) aren't so natural either. You need to fight everywhere. If you find a better place, please share.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm looking for a midwife who is supportive of natural pregnancy and birth. It would be nice if it's someone who is also knowledgeable about alternative health and medicine but I won't ask for too much. I can be ok with and OB who is like this too, but I expect a midwife to more likely be this way. I'm in Lakewood but willing to travel a bit.

Anon bec I haven't told anyone yet that I'm pregnant.

What do you mean by 'natural pregnancy and birth'. Asking because this means different things to different people. Do you mean a home birth, hospital birth with no epidural, a pregnancy with no ultrasounds, a vaginal birth, etc.?

I think Dr. Surowitz and OGOA are both good options, and then a lot depends on how your pregnancy and birth play out. Both are supportive of being as natural as possible, but they both also have to follow protocols and if they see something that may be an issue, they will send you for further tests. If they don't like heart rate during labor, they will make you stay on the monitor and possibly have intervention. I don't think either will deliver a breech baby vaginally (correct me if I'm wrong), but they'll both try to turn baby for you if possible. I think both will let you go to 42 weeks if you're overdue if everything is okay, but with constant monitoring every few days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries