Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Wow that’s Arichas yamim!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:31 am
My relative’s grandmother passed away at the age of 102!
I haven’t heard anything like that ever.
She lived to see many generations Bh.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:36 am
My great grandmother passed away at 102 a few years ago. I know that my grandmother showed her tremendous kibud eim, as my own parent shows to her, so it makes me thing my babby must have deserved it in that merit too.
She and her husband were the only survivors of their family and they didn't have a lot of kids. But when we heard babby was niftar there were over 100 immediate descendants just from my one grandmother (not even her siblings) saying tehillim nonstop until the kevurah.
I'll never forget my grandmother's face at the levaya. She couldn't believe her mother hadn't lived to see moshiach.
Sorry it took me down memory lane. Kah I grew up with her and have childhood memories even though the last decade at least of her life she was already not with it.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:39 am
Haven’t heard of anyone living that long? DH’s grandmother almost made it to 106. She had an older sister that lived tot 101 and a younger sister that lived to 103. Pretty good gene pool.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:49 am
My grandmother passed away today she was 102. Might be talking about the same person.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:16 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
My grandmother passed away today she was 102. Might be talking about the same person.

Might be, she lived in Toronto for the last few years.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:40 pm
My mother just died at age of 81 her mother died at that age to now my dad who is 91 has cancer

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Might be, she lived in Toronto for the last few years.

Wow yes that was my grandmother! She set up a beautiful family baruch hashem with many grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren keh.

Now I'm curious who you are I wonder if I know you. I doubt I have any family on here.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:23 pm
My grandmother was niftar just a few months shy of her 102nd birthday. People are definitely less sad, I find, because they feel the life was long and full usually bh

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:23 pm
My great grandmother passed away at 100 . She was completely physically healthy. She always said she wanted to die at 100 in her sleep and that is exactly what happened.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 12:01 am
Wow yes that was my grandmother! She set up a beautiful family baruch hashem with many grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren keh.

Now I'm curious who you are I wonder if I know you. I doubt I have any family on here.

Guess what u do!

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 12:03 am
Fabulous wrote:
My grandmother was niftar just a few months shy of her 102nd birthday. People are definitely less sad, I find, because they feel the life was long and full usually bh

Yes, at a levaya of someone who passed away at an old age, it isn't especially sad. Of course there is a tremendous feeling of loss, but death is the way of the world and it is such a beracha to have arichas yamim.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 12:07 am
OP must be only 18/19 and hasn't seen much yet, lol.
OP, I'd bentch you that all your nearest and dearest should be healthy(!) centenarians, but I hope Moshiach will come way before that.
And I definitely prefer such threads to threads like yesterday's "so tragic" thread.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 12:08 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Guess what u do!

Are you Seagreen's relative?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 7:19 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Are you Seagreen's relative?

I guess so

grace413

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 7:42 am
My FIL, he should be well, is 101.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:32 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I guess so

Hi

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:35 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
OP must be only 18/19 and hasn't seen much yet, lol.
OP, I'd bentch you that all your nearest and dearest should be healthy(!) centenarians, but I hope Moshiach will come way before that.
And I definitely prefer such threads to threads like yesterday's "so tragic" thread.

Why do you think so? I know that people live past a hundred but I never knew anyone personally who did.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:06 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
My mother just died at age of 81 her mother died at that age to now my dad who is 91 has cancer

I'm sorry. It's hard at any age. I hope your father is comfortable.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 12:01 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Haven’t heard of anyone living that long? DH’s grandmother almost made it to 106. She had an older sister that lived tot 101 and a younger sister that lived to 103. Pretty good gene pool.

We must be related Smile
Although I think my DH's lived until 107?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 3:14 pm
Hi

Hi! Are you an einikel or eireinikel? Babby was really special. Was a zechis to have her around this long!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational