Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Wish I could open a school
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 2:46 pm
Anyone with me?
My child is adorable and smart and doesn’t fit the mold. I so want her to have a happy childhood. Her school is breathing down my back, accusing me, and giving ultimatum.
I wish I can open a school or at least do a homeschooling group so she can be free to be herself. Anyone with me?

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 2:52 pm
Well, I don’t want anything to do with running a school personally. But I do wish there were more people who think like you opening schools for all those special and amazing kids who don’t flourish as well in the traditional big-box institutions.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 5:06 pm
Yes.Totally!For so many reasons.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 5:22 pm
Totally with you, but my need is a boys Yeshiva that is totally different than what exists. It is so difficult, really wish I could open one and even have a vision but I am so not the leader get things done type Sad

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 5:24 pm
Maybe you can!! We need people with a passion and vision.

I’m currently teaching in such a place. My students are adorable. They are loved and are all making amazing progress at there own pace.

There are such places and we need more from it. Maybe you can get involved in starting something in your area.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 5:37 pm
The problem is usually financial. There are the run of the mill schools which have patrons and sponsors etc.plus Gov't funding. And then there are the special needs schools which have major funding. The in between, small new visionary schools tend to not have funding and close down.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 5:39 pm
Try Yeshivat Heatid's computers model.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 5:56 pm
I dont know your area and where u live but thier are such kinds of schools/yashivas in my area what u are describingu want, im very fortunate and so are my kids to be in such an amazing accepting non judgemental school . Its good to choose a school wisely just as u'd choose wisely other things in your life. I know fact that a lot not everyone but a lot choose schools just for the name of the school and the more the school pushes them away , the more ppl try harder with money or whatever to get in in order their kids should have the name that the top school took them, aha, and they dont even think of "who said the school is good enough what that child needs "
Im not saying everyone but where I live I know a big percentage that sends to schools that arent soo accepting, its just hard to get in that makes it be a big deal to get in, the more the school limits ppl , the more of a( kintz) a big deal is that whoever's kid got accepted . So they baste more of what will ppl say or think , in other words "living for other ppl ".
I send to a yashiva which in the past did not have a good name on the street and ppl still talk lh about that yashiva , today that yashiva built themselves up so highly, my kids are thriving and thrhilled to be there. They waiting everyday to go to chieder . My older boy graduated already is still talking about his menhal how he misses him. I think that is hardly heard of these days. Usually u hear opposite. And I feel so greatful that my kids leave their yashiva with such a warm feeling , and the warmness to yiddishkiet is unbelievable indeed. But ppl want "name on the street" what im trying to say is that good schools , accepting schools are out their. I dont know where u live but I can only talk about my area . Im sorry if I was a bit off topic . But I really wanted to bring up and announce that its always good to find a school that will suit your kids or family.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 6:04 pm
I so badly wish there was girl school that focus on hashkaffa and wat yiddishkeit is about rather just in the academics texts and grades.wish school wiuldnt out so much pressure on our precious girls

chestnut

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 6:24 pm
I assume you already looked into all school options in your area and nearby and didnt find what you need. More and more people homeschool these days. Find out if there are such families in your areas.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 6:39 pm
chestnut wrote:
I assume you already looked into all school options in your area and nearby and didnt find what you need. More and more people homeschool these days. Find out if there are such families in your areas.

The biggest obstacle to homeschooling is the lack of social opportunities and not getting out of the house on a regular basis. That would be detrimental to her. If there was a group in my area I’d love that.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 6:50 pm
What specifically are the issues at hand that the school is complaining about?

There are all types of schools out there. Can u tell us more?

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 6:58 pm
I used to send to a school that was started by someone like op. I thought it was amazing at first and then I didn't. my kids ended up having social issues there. There were other stuff we weren't happy about. I don't want to go in to too much detail since people might be able to figure out where I'm talking about but we switched to a "mainstream" school which has other issues but our kids are happier. I've come to realize no place is perfect.

I hear you about the homeschooling thing. Wish it was more accepted.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 7:00 pm
I wonder if our kids go to the same school!imy daughter school is doing exactly that to us! Schools are so hard to get into here they feel they can bully you and there is no easy change.

I feel like I'm all alone in this. Its good to know there are others

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 7:05 pm
why open a school for non-cookie cutters. why can't the 10 mis-shaped cookies learn in the same school with all the other perfect cookies? A school that teaches good middos will have the rest of the student body accept these kids

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 7:22 pm
I just want to say I opened a school when I felt there was a need. It is not so simple. It’s a lot more complicated than you imagine. Every place has pros and cons and a new vision will also have pros and cons.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 7:24 pm
[quote="amother [ Bronze ]"]I so badly wish there was girl school that focus on hashkaffa and wat yiddishkeit is about rather just in the academics texts and grades.wish school wiuldnt out so much pressure on our precious girls[/quote

Maybe they have to , because the boys arent getting any academics,

Someone needs an education... Theres no magic

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 7:24 pm
I think co op schooling is the future of the frum community.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 7:48 pm
*ectomorph, could you please explain what Yeshiva Haatid Computer model is and what a co-OP school is?

chestnut

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 7:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The biggest obstacle to homeschooling is the lack of social opportunities and not getting out of the house on a regular basis. That would be detrimental to her. If there was a group in my area I’d love that.

I understand. That's why I said to find out if there are other homeschoolers in your area. Post your general location here or in a separate thread and you'll see if there are such families here or maybe women here can connect you to them.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics