Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Crazy to spend $90 on outfit for kids?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:10 pm
I saw a beautiful shirt for my boys (age 2 and 5). It's $70, and would need pants or leggings, which I can find for $20.
I never spend this much, but this top is so adorable...
It's ridiculous, though, right?

imanonymous

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:11 pm
Yes.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:13 pm
As a mother of boys that age I say yes. Mine LIVE outside on shabbos and I can easily change clothes twice or three times. Its not worth it until they are older.

cnc

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:14 pm
Yes

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:17 pm
If you have the means and it makes you happy, you can. Plenty people do or they wouldn't sell it. I do have the means, but I don't/wouldn't. I would be nervous about it getting dirty or ruined or that the money was just being wasted as how long would it fit and how much use would I get.

Are you looking for justification?
How financially comfortable are you and where do you want to spend your money? How much joy will it bring you? Is it worth the price tag to you?

If you are not financially very able to, please do not. Do not put it on a card that you can't fully pay off or let it cut into other expenses.

watergirl

Yes that's a lot. If its SO amazingly cute, buy one for the older son and the younger one can wear it when it fits him. But I don't understand why you would have to buy a new pair of pants to go with it. You have NO pants at home?

If you are someone who can easily afford it, then go ahead and enjoy! But if you are asking... thats your answer.

applesbananas

Some people buy something nice for their kids as a form of self care. If itll make you feel good to do that for yourself than go for it even thou it does sound overpriced...

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:18 pm
$70 on a boys shirt is ridiculous. But that's just my opinion. Even if I can afford it bh, I think it's baal tashchis to spend so much on kids clothing. But everyone has a different opinion on this.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:20 pm
For the summer?
Will you restrict their playing or eating because of the cost. If yes then I wouldn’t get.

OTOH if you aren’t worried about the cost and won’t worry about them wearing it then get it. Only you know what you can afford.

amother
Yellow

I don't thinks its crazy. But I think spending a lot of money on food items is crazy - so to each her own.

amother
OP

It's not like I can't afford it but it's not like I'd spend without a second thought either. I don't usually spend anywhere near that much because:
My kids sometimes decide they don't like their clothing and refuse to wear it.

I don't want to be upset if it gets dirty.

I like to live beneath our means, and don't want to get used to high standards (dressing 2 kids in $90 outfits is a bit "easier" than dressing 4-5 kids...).

I want to be relaxed when the kids eat and play...

But...
The shirts are gorgeous!

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's not like I can't afford it but it's not like I'd spend without a second thought either. I don't usually spend anywhere near that much because:

I like to live beneath our means, and don't want to get used to high standards (dressing 2 kids in $90 outfits is a bit "easier" than dressing 4-5 kids...).

But...
The shirts are gorgeous!

If you can afford it and you can replace it if it gets messed up then get it and enjoy it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:23 pm
Ok thanks everyone! Holding off for now. If anyone has links to cute boys short sleeved shirts that are more affordable feel free to post Smile

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I saw a beautiful shirt for my boys (age 2 and 5). It's $70, and would need pants or leggings, which I can find for $20.
I never spend this much, but this top is so adorable...
It's ridiculous, though, right?

If you can't easily afford it it's certainly ridiculous.

If you can afford it, I personally still think it's ridiculous, but everyone can spend as they see fit.

watergirl

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

But...
The shirts are gorgeous!

Do you have a link or a picture? I am trying to understand what makes a shirt for a 2 year old “gorgeous”. Asking sincerely.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:29 pm
Your talking about tops , dresses, what about shoes?! Shoes for kids are crazy pricy and the last few seasons my 5 year olds son shabbos shoes lasted not longer then 2 weeks. and I never know where to find shabbos shoes for cheap so I end up spending and the quality even considered best company doesnt last . Don t know what to do anymore about shabbos shoes situation.

Zehava

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:38 pm
If you can afford it and your heart wants it get it. It’s not like you’re paying that amount for every item in their wardrobe.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok thanks everyone! Holding off for now. If anyone has links to cute boys short sleeved shirts that are more affordable feel free to post Smile

Lulu usually has very cute boys shirts. But they don't have their summer stuff out yet.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:55 pm
I think it "depends".

If you can afford it and it's coming from discretionary income why not?

But I say "why not" if it's for a special occasion of some kind. I can't imagine getting a $70 top for a toddler (male or female) to wear every day.

But for a special occasion, it's a splurge but not an unreasonable one. And theoretically it can be passed down to other kids since my boys' tops are fairly classic.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:55 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Your talking about tops , dresses, what about shoes?! Shoes for kids are crazy pricy and the last few seasons my 5 year olds son shabbos shoes lasted not longer then 2 weeks. and I never know where to find shabbos shoes for cheap so I end up spending and the quality even considered best company doesnt last . Don t know what to do anymore about shabbos shoes situation.

I bought at DSW and Next Direct and Zara.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics